Error Code 11004

Question

• Dear All,

I have the following problem when accessing some web pages through our ISA server.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

·         Error Code 11004: Host not found

·         Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access, possibly due to lack of information in the DNS server.

·         Date: xxxxxxxxxx

·         Server: ISA-Server

Source: DNS error

However, this problem is not applicable when connecting directly to the internet.

I did search about this error, but all I found was some useless tools. I would like to know what to acuse regarding this error.

Many thanks..

ISD Administrator
    Monday, June 01, 2009 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you should check your ISA Server DNS configuration. The problem might be due to not correctly configured DNS:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc302590.aspx
    If your ISA Server is a domain member, point the DNS IP on the internal nbetwork card to your internal DNS Server(s). The external interface on ISA shouldn't have DNS configured.
    The intrenal DNS Server can use forwarders or DNS root hints to resolve names on the Internet

regards Marc
    www.nt-faq.de
    www.it-training-grote.de
    Monday, June 01, 2009 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you should check your ISA Server DNS configuration. The problem might be due to not correctly configured DNS:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc302590.aspx
    If your ISA Server is a domain member, point the DNS IP on the internal nbetwork card to your internal DNS Server(s). The external interface on ISA shouldn't have DNS configured.
    The intrenal DNS Server can use forwarders or DNS root hints to resolve names on the Internet

regards Marc
    www.nt-faq.de
    www.it-training-grote.de
    Monday, June 01, 2009 11:08 AM
  • Hi MVP,

Thanks for your reply. the problem has been solved, I did check the DNS server and evrything has been corrected.

ISD Administrator
    Monday, June 01, 2009 1:59 PM