none
Sender dosn't alway get NDR when message exceeds the size limit

Question

• Hello

We activate our domain on FOPE and lately it occurs not every sender receives a NDR when the message exceeds the message size. When I send a message from my private to my company address I get a NDR stating my message exceeds the size limit. When I try to trace this message in FOPE it doesn't show. I also doesn't show on the exchange server.

When a collegea sends a message which exceeds the size limit he doesn't receive a NDR. But I can trace this message on FOPE, when I check the details it says Bounced: message size ... exceeds size limit.

I know the senders mailserver should sent the NDR to the sender but to me it seems this is also a bit of a FOPE issue.

We've had several complaints of users missing attachments and the original senders never got a NDR.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Regards

Herman de Jong

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hello

Stripping an atachment is not the default behaviour of FOPE. Can you please update which FOPE subscription have you subscribed for i.e. are you using FOPE with Office 365, BPOS or having any Onpremise Mailing Solution like Exchange and using FOPE as a Third Party Filtering.

I would also like to know how exactly you have configured your Inbound and Outboudn mail flow just to confirm is there filtering agent involved apart from FOPE.

------- Pradeep Samant (FOPE ROCKS!!!)

Sunday, March 04, 2012 8:59 PM
  • Hello,

Is this problem fixed? Probably this issue could be at sender end if it is an Exchange 2007/2010 Environment with Anti-spam Agents installed in HUB/Edge servers. Sender Filtering agent could reject the NDR if configured. Please provide the status and resolution steps if any.

• Edited by Jomins Monday, September 03, 2012 7:57 AM
    Monday, September 03, 2012 7:53 AM