FILE CURE MESSAGE

Question

• I GET A MESSAGE ON MY SCREEN: THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ERROR  WITH YOUR APPLICATION. PLEASE REINSTALL AND THERE IS A YELLOW TRIANGLE  WITH AN EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE MIDDLE. THE LEFT HAND SIDE HAS THE WORDS FILECURE IN THE OUTER PART OF THE MESSAGE. WHAT DO I DO?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:07 AM

Answers

• ·         Hi,

·          

·         I assume your question has been answered, and I'd like to change the status to "Marked as answer", please feel free to post here if you have any update.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Before going any further, I’d like to confirm the following questions:

1.      when do you find the error message?

2.      Does this error come from FCS?

3.      Where do you find this error, on the server or the client computer?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by jofie Friday, June 11, 2010 4:30 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:37 AM
  • ·         Hi,

·          

·         I assume your question has been answered, and I'd like to change the status to "Marked as answer", please feel free to post here if you have any update.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:34 AM
  • Hi. I could not find the response to filecure question and you want to "marked as answered" it where do I find your response? Thanks rwil2468 
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Wow. At no point during this thread was there an answer to this problem. The original poster still has not received any help whatsoever and you seem to constantly pushed the problem as "answered". Not even sure why I searched in any area related to Microsoft "support" because this is obviously the type of mentally I expected to see.

Sorry to all those that have wasted their time here and absolutely no thanks goes to the Moderators here. I'm still looking for the answer to this particular issue myself, and am only here briefly due to the high ranking in Google.

Hopefully, sooner than later, Microsoft will disappear into obsolescence and this obvious lack of assistance will be irrelevant in the future.

Thanks for nothing.`

- Sachz
    Friday, February 12, 2010 12:52 AM
  • if this is the error that you see on starting up your pc even after unistalling the file cure product this is how i manged to get rid of the error message;

click start> then click my computer>then local disk c> you should now see a folder that says program files, click on it and scroll down until you see a folder named ParetoLogic, this is the company that makes file cure, the ParetoLogic file you see should only be small about 2mb or under, delete the folder and its contents and also after doing that empty your recycle bin aswell. all thats left to do now is to restart your pc, and hopefully the message no longer appears. it worked for me so hopefully it works for you.
    • Proposed as answer by davej81 Friday, February 19, 2010 12:02 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:42 PM
  • very good
    • Proposed as answer by LorinDR Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:59 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:58 AM
  • Thank you.

Jason Ferguson, Windows Vista Beta Support, v2jafer.jason@gmail.com
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:50 PM
  • The world would be so dark and grey without MS. LOL
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:51 PM
  • davej81, very good, i've been trying to isolate the source of this silly message about 'filecure',

for a week or so now, and your suggestion was the only one that made any sense,while scrolling

down the list. the first half-dozen were most unhelpful, but i thought i'd push on. it all came together when i saw that 'paretologic' reference. i don't know how that software got into my

program files; it's obviously come down in a package of 'cleaning tools', or something like that.

just wanted to say thanks for the post. such a relief to see that stupid message disappear.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Dave,

Thank you very much for the help removing filecure. I've been trying to get rid of that message for months. I used your advice and it worked fine !

Thanks again - tomnj2010

• Proposed as answer by miner9731 Monday, May 24, 2010 4:59 PM
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:59 PM
  • I want to thank you. I did as you said and it worked for me. I have been trying to uninstall all of FileCure for some time and had no success . THANK YOU
    Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:55 PM
  • Hi Davej81

Thanks for your info about filecure it sorted my problem

Friday, April 02, 2010 10:27 AM
  • A million thanks friend, I just followed your advice and it worked perfectly, NOW, the question has been answered,Ed
    Friday, April 02, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Many thanks for your accurate information, I managed to get rid of the files,now I have a question that maybe you can answer. Sometimes to open a program I will right click and hit open, no problem, except, when I right click and the dropdown window has all the USUAL information, BUT, there in the drop down box is file cure and I cannot figgure out how to remove it. Its not a big deal, it just buggs the ____ out of me to see that damn file cure,any suggestions, thanks in advance, Ed
    Sunday, April 04, 2010 6:29 PM
  • The suggested fix worked fine. The Filecure message no longer displays when the system is rebooted.  FYI - went to drive C: to the program (x86) files and deleted the ParetoLogic Directory/sub-directories.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 6:45 PM
  • Hi Davej81

I'm so thankful to you for giving me rid from file cure error. thank u very much your trick was successful. i am very happy to use my PC without error thank u and God give u long and healthy life with all success of life thank u.....

but i have problem to download video error from you-tube that 'there is no video contain in this link' how can I rid from this problem,

Thank u

yours sincerely

Saleem Abbas

Monday, April 05, 2010 7:38 AM
  • thanks Dave! this was fantastic advice!
    Monday, April 05, 2010 4:11 PM
  • DAVEJ81 you were so helpful and we are grateful for getting rid of most of the filecure ____, but on startup we were still getting that da** box , even after deleting everything with filecure/paratologic, so I tried something different, while the box was still up I went to taskmanager and sure enough there was filecure which got me to the file,now trying to delete that file was a chore indeed, but I managed to get it done and I have no idea which process I used to do it but it may help some people by checking taskmanager and see if filecure is there. Yet, when I right click on some icons there sits the little line filecure. I can live with that but it would be nice to never see anything to do with filecure/paretologic again, if anybody has an answer on how to get rid of those miserable words it would be wonderful.

I wish I were more computer literate to explain how I got rid of that sucker, alas, we only know enough to be dangerous. LOL Ed

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:40 AM
  • DAVEJ81 you were so helpful and we are grateful for getting rid of most of the filecure ____, but on startup we were still getting that da** box , even after deleting everything with filecure/paratologic, so I tried something different, while the box was still up I went to taskmanager and sure enough there was filecure which got me to the file,now trying to delete that file was a chore indeed, but I managed to get it done and I have no idea which process I used to do it but it may help some people by checking taskmanager and see if filecure is there. Yet, when I right click on some icons there sits the little line filecure. I can live with that but it would be nice to never see anything to do with filecure/paretologic again, if anybody has an answer on how to get rid of those miserable words it would be wonderful.

I wish I were more computer literate to explain how I got rid of that sucker, alas, we only know enough to be dangerous. LOL Ed

no problem, im afraid i cant help you with the task manager bit as i dont get this box poping up like you, seems like the answer i put foward has helped a few people so glad i could help! keep the replies coming as it may help someone else in the future. cheers.
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:26 PM
  • efgavel, What operating system are you running? XP? Vista? Windows 7? Some other?

And edit: Is filecure ever the default program used to run something, or does it simply show up as an option in the "open with" menu?

Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:10 PM
  • In your program files list, you should have opened the ParetoLogic folder, then opened the File Cure folder.  There is an uninstall for File Cure there.  By deleting the folder as recommended above, there will now still be traces of File Cure left.  

I might suggest you download, install and run the latest version (upper righthand corner) of ccleaner from the default (don't change any of the settings).    It's available free from filehippo here: 

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

good luck.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 12:58 PM
  • A mesma de malkal: Como proceder?
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:18 AM
  • thanks

i do exactly  what you said and.........

IT'S WORK!!!!!!!

Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Dave j81

Thank you ,it worked for me too.

Jofie

Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:15 PM