none
TMG Packet Filter Bound to all NIC's...

Question

• Hi Folks

In TMG 2010 I'm noticing that Forefront TMG Packet Filter is bound to all NIC's in the server.

Is there any way to selectively choose which NIC's it's bound to?

Thanks in advance!

Q: Marking a question as answered when it's not - is this something new? A: Not at all, it's standard Nick Gu!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

AFAIK no and IMHO it makes no sence because TMG should protect alle interfaces and network traffic must flow through all network interfaces and TMG must be able to control the traffic with the Packet filter engine

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:02 AM
  • Hi Marc -

It makes sense (from a certain perspective) but that's what I was afraid of :-(

The reason I ask is that I have one physical server running TMG 2010. On that server I'm in the process of creating a virtual network comprised of virtual machines. There's no issue with these virtual machines communicating with each other over their virtual network - the problem arises with taking a physical NIC on the machine and using it for a dedicated WAN connection for the virtual network.

Because TMG is bound to all the NIC's on the physical machine it seems to be interfering with the WAN traffic on the second WAN link when I really just want all traffic on that NIC routed down to the virtual network's virtual TMG machine's external NIC.

Q: Marking a question as answered when it's not - is this something new? A: Not at all, it's standard Nick Gu!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:32 PM