Incorrect deployment summary report

Question

• Hi, I have some troubles with FCS reports. The deployment summary report display that some number of clients have old definitions, but really they have actual definitions. Please help me with this problem.
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One of the first things to look at is if these clients are reporting in at all

You can do this via the connectivity summary, and or using the MOM Admin Console, to look at the status of the agent

If the clients aren't reporting into MOM, these reports wont show the information correctly, you can then look on the local client event log to see if it is having issues connecting to MOM

Do these same clients that show out-of-date show in the connectivity report as old ?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:17 PM
  •  

Clients are reporting to the server, for exampe last heartbit is today but update version is out of date.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:03 PM
  •  

Hi,

We are having same situation...  " FCS Virus Definations Deployment Status " and "Spyware Definations Deployment Status " reports shows that five WindowsXP computers are having old definations but when we check it on computer they are up-to-date. These computers are also heartbeating properly and policy is also applied fine as other computers which dont have any issues...

We are running SCE2007, Sharepoint Services and Exchange 2007 ...

Any suggestions....

Tejas

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:56 PM
  • We are experiencing the same or very similar issue with a few clients on our network. If I dig into the computer detail report under the computer information section, I find that the last heartbeat is today, but the spyware and virus definition versions fields are outdated.

The version information found in the events section of the same report is up to date with the version installed on the client. This confirms that MOM is communicating correctly. It appears that the version fields under the computer information section are not updating correctly. 

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? 

Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Same issue as above users with one of our clients.  Hearbeat is current; definitions reported are not.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Any updates on this thread?

I'm seeing similar results where by both the "Virus Definitions Deployment Status" and "Spyware Definitions Deployment Status" results are all incorrect, but the agents all seems to be communicating correctly. The clients do infact have the most recent updates.

Conversly the "Antimalware Engine Deployment Status", "Vulnerabilities Engine Deployment Status" and "Vulnerabilities Definition Deployment Status" are all reporting correctly.

Cheers,
    Courtenay

Monday, May 17, 2010 3:34 AM