none
Web.config for custom login page

Question

• Hi

I have made an UAG custom login page and I would like to read some configuration settings from web.config

However, I have not been able to identify which web.config I need to modify.

I have tried to add an <appSettings> section to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\InternalSite\Web.config - but these settings are not read

I have also tried

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\Conf\WebSites\mysite\rooot\Web.config - but these settings are not read either

Thanks

Peter

Monday, March 21, 2011 10:16 AM

Answers

• Yes Peter,

That is advisable. Also make sure that both your custom login page and whatever additional files it uses are located in CustomUpdate folders, so that they will get backed up and replicated across array members.

Regards,

-Ran
    • Marked as answer by peter buus Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:03 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Login.asp runs in the context of the Default Web Site on the UAG server.

However, please note that modifying Web.config file which exists in ...\von\InternalSite is not a supported customization, your changes will not be exported or backed-up, they will not get replicated across UAG array members, and might get overwritten by UAG software updates.

Are you aware of the supported ways to make changes to the UAG Login (and other) pages? These are described here: Customizing the InternalSite

Regards,

-Ran
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:06 AM
  • Hi Ran

I did change the login page according to the documentation, but I still need some environment specific setting for my custom login page.

Since web.config is overwritten by UAG updates I have to read settings from a separate non-standard file?

Thanks/peter

Monday, March 21, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Yes Peter,

That is advisable. Also make sure that both your custom login page and whatever additional files it uses are located in CustomUpdate folders, so that they will get backed up and replicated across array members.

Regards,

-Ran
    • Marked as answer by peter buus Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:03 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:22 PM