none
Can't Connect to Internet by don't put proxy server to browser client in ISA 2004

Question

• Hi

I am a new user just use ISA 2004 standart.

I have some problem about it.

when i configure ISA 2004 all ready it work but at client can't work i mean Internet don't work.

But when I put proxy server to browser it work Internet and when i don't put proxy Internet don't work at client. and i have already disable web proxy at the internal network already it still don't work. 

Note:I have allow rule for outgoing all ready.

so my question is "How to make Internet for client by no web proxy configure in browser?"

Thanks for help to child that just study about ISA :) :)

Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if the client is no Webproxy client the client can be a SecureNAT and/or ISA Server Firewall client.
    You can study here the differences and pros/cons between these client types:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794762.aspx

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:02 AM
  • can i describe about my work?

I have one Publish IP for share internet

then i get one ip from local that share from Publish IP to be external for ISA

then i use other network card for ISA internal this network card connect to access point. this access point give DHCP to client by use wifi.

that access point default getway is internal network card that we use for ISA and the ip of AP is in rank of ISA

if i set firewall client is ok internet work. but i use wifi for client so i don't want to set up for all user or customer is not good.

so this way i can use secure NAT i have already configure like that but still not work if i don't put proxy

can u show me how to configure? now i use isa enterprise 2006

Please help

Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thank  you for the post.

Please check your access rule and see if it was applied to all the users, SecureNAT clients cannot be authenticated by ISA Server.

Regards

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, June 24, 2011 8:06 AM
  • Dear Sir,

about the rule is apply for all user. so how can i do? for make clients to authenticated by isa?

i need to change apply to user or something? please help

Regards

Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

When you using SecureNAT client, you should create access rule and select “All Users“ in the Users element.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:39 PM
  • Dear Sir,

I already do that but it still need the webproxy server if i don't put in web browser it can't connect to the internet

Friday, July 01, 2011 1:47 AM