none
how to confirm whitelist from outlook are uploaded to FOPE

Question

• I was told that when a user adds a domain/email address to the whitelist in outlook it will be updated for that user in FOPE. But this doesn't seem to be working.

I have a user that has the domain blocked in outlook but keeps getting emails from them.

Where can I configuret his is enabled/setup correctly in FOPE?

thanks,jb

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

The feature you mention FOPE's ability to leverage Exchange's Safelist Aggregation feature - however, FOPE will not sync domains or addresses blocked by the user in Outlook. If you are running Exchange 2010, Safelist Aggregation is automatically enabled and will run periodically; if you are running Exchange 2007, you will have to perform this task manually (see this link).

In order for the Safelist Aggregation feature to be uploaded to FOPE, you will have to use the Directory Synchronization tool to upload your user list. You will not be able to verify if a given domain/address has been added by a user, but you will be able to see the total number in the user's Safelist has increased by using the preview feature of the Directory Sync tool, and looking at the Safe Sender Length column.

• Marked as answer by Jason-B Monday, February 20, 2012 4:40 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

The feature you mention FOPE's ability to leverage Exchange's Safelist Aggregation feature - however, FOPE will not sync domains or addresses blocked by the user in Outlook. If you are running Exchange 2010, Safelist Aggregation is automatically enabled and will run periodically; if you are running Exchange 2007, you will have to perform this task manually (see this link).

In order for the Safelist Aggregation feature to be uploaded to FOPE, you will have to use the Directory Synchronization tool to upload your user list. You will not be able to verify if a given domain/address has been added by a user, but you will be able to see the total number in the user's Safelist has increased by using the preview feature of the Directory Sync tool, and looking at the Safe Sender Length column.

• Marked as answer by Jason-B Monday, February 20, 2012 4:40 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 3:38 PM
  • Are you saying it only works as a whitelist not a blacklist for the user?

We are running exchange 2010 and I have the DST installed and syncing. I'll look for the safe sender length column in the preview.

jb

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying :) The user's blacklist will still be in effect in that it moves the incoming messages to the junk folder when they reach the user. The FOPE team knows that syncing of the blacklist is a desired feature for the DST, but have not yet indicated when we should expect a release.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:28 PM
  • so theres no way for users to create their own blacklist, that intergrates with FOPE?
    • Edited by Jason-B Monday, February 20, 2012 4:30 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:29 PM
  • None that I am aware of.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Fail :(

thanks for the info.

jb

Monday, February 20, 2012 4:39 PM
  • There is no provision for the end users to sync there personnel allow and block sender list in FOPE. The DST tool mentioned with FOPE is just to upload the recipients from our organization to FOPE so that the concern of DBEB can be meet.

Administrators can definitely create an allow sender and block sender list by creating an Allow and Reject policy in FOPE.

We also have a provision to associate a dictionary to a Policy Rule thus providing further customization.

Configure filters in FOPE: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715197.aspx

------- Pradeep Samant (FOPE ROCKS!!!)

Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:08 PM