none
SQL Server 2008 R2, installing POST Forefront TMG 2010

Discussione generale

• Hello all, I'm very new to Forefront TMG 2010, just installed & managed to get my RDP functioning through a KVM connection. Now I need to install MS SQL 2008 R2 Express, AFTER TMG is in place, but the installation prepares setup files & halts after that. Tell me it's possible plz lol, and  if so how i can get setup to run properly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit:  All settings in Forefront TMG are at default post installation values Except RDP adjustments.. O.S. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

martedì 19 giugno 2012 06:02

Tutte le risposte

• I am not really sure what you want to do here.

I am reading your post as you would like to install SQL on the TMG box - correct? Do note that TMG installs its own instance of SSE for logging purposes and I wouldn't recommend to use that instance for any other purpose (I do believe that you move out to the unsupported boundary and that "strange things" can happen). Furthermore I wouldn't install another instance on the TMG server either.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

martedì 19 giugno 2012 08:37
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

By default, the standard Installation of Forefront TMG installs a version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express. So what do you mean about “Now I need to install MS SQL 2008 R2 Express”?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

mercoledì 20 giugno 2012 06:42
    Moderatore