none
Management servers in Step 3 of Remote Access Setup

Domanda

• Hi,

What are you guys setting as management servers in DA setup step3.

I have read about update servers but i haven't filled in any servers yet and i am able while connected on DA from a client to do gpupdate with DCs, i am able to talk to my Symantec Antivirus server, i can report to WSUS successfully.

What is it needed for?

venerdì 3 maggio 2013 09:04

Risposte

• Hi,

Management Servers are able to establish a connection to the DA Server for remote Management services in the infrastructure tunnel (the first tunnel before the user logs on)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502551.aspx

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

• Contrassegnato come risposta ReMark-IT lunedì 6 maggio 2013 09:21
    domenica 5 maggio 2013 17:45
  • Since the link provided references UAG DirectAccess and not Server 2012 DirectAccess I will also point out that in Server 2012 DA the Management Servers list looks blank, but it's not. The wizard automatically populates all of your Domain Controllers and SCCM servers and automatically adds them to the Management Servers list. UAG used to show you this list so that you could review it, but Server 2012 does not show it to you. Those servers are still being added, just in the background. So in most implementations, unless you have other specific servers to add for a certain reason, you don't need to do anything on this screen.

• Contrassegnato come risposta ReMark-IT martedì 7 maggio 2013 09:30
    lunedì 6 maggio 2013 18:36

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Management Servers are able to establish a connection to the DA Server for remote Management services in the infrastructure tunnel (the first tunnel before the user logs on)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502551.aspx

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

• Contrassegnato come risposta ReMark-IT lunedì 6 maggio 2013 09:21
    domenica 5 maggio 2013 17:45
  • Since the link provided references UAG DirectAccess and not Server 2012 DirectAccess I will also point out that in Server 2012 DA the Management Servers list looks blank, but it's not. The wizard automatically populates all of your Domain Controllers and SCCM servers and automatically adds them to the Management Servers list. UAG used to show you this list so that you could review it, but Server 2012 does not show it to you. Those servers are still being added, just in the background. So in most implementations, unless you have other specific servers to add for a certain reason, you don't need to do anything on this screen.

• Contrassegnato come risposta ReMark-IT martedì 7 maggio 2013 09:30
    lunedì 6 maggio 2013 18:36