none
FCS User roles?!?!?!?!?!

질문

•  

I may be a complete idiot (very likely) but I am following the directions step by step to setup FCS.  It says that roles can be assigned to users (IE, Client Security Administrator, Policy Author, Policy Deployer, etc) but where can I find the spot to assign these roles??

It's driving me completely insane!!!!!!

Thanks!

Rob

2008년 2월 21일 목요일 오후 10:41

모든 응답

• Hi Rob!

I'd be interested in knowing where it says that you can assign user roles to an FCS deployment?

Natively FCS does not support assigning user roles. If you want security execs do be able to see reports but nothing else you can setup sql reporting to send these persons an email with the reports.

/Johan

2008년 2월 22일 금요일 오전 9:43
  • Hi Rob,

Depending on where you are in the docs, you may have not got to the section that shows how to define these roles.

As Johan said, there aren't really any "out the box" roles that can be defined, but the idea i think is that you can use the above roles to then create groups/users and assign them the appropriate permissions

Have a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb418964.aspx this goes through the required permissions you need based on the roles as a sub-link from the description of each role. It's pretty much a case of assigning them all manually - mostly being SQL, AD and MOM permission that need to be assigned

I normally create some groups with similar concepts to what they describe, assign all the permisisons and you can then just add/remove users nice and easily as required in the future

Hope this helps, if you get stuck assigning any of them, post back and we can try and help

cheers

Chris

2008년 2월 23일 토요일 오후 2:04
  •  

Hi Rob..

Actually I am reading the "Clinic 6079: Managing and Troubleshooting Opetarion in Microsoft Forefront", and in inside the "Managing Microsoft Forefront Client Security" there is a section called "Configuring Forefront Client Security at High Level" it says:

"The administrative tasks that are available in Forefront Client Security are distributed among four user roles. To enable the administrative users to perform the tasks that are required for their assigned roles, you can grant the users the appropriate permissions and Dashboard access."

After reading this I assumed there were 4 roles created for the administration of FCS and that I didn't have to make them manually, though I haven't been able to find them. Maybe the creation of a script would be usefull.

Ali

2008년 4월 5일 토요일 오후 11:22
  • Hello,

Any idea where are these roles in the FCS Console? Administrators or Operaiors?

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    2011년 3월 28일 월요일 오후 4:50
  • ?bump?
    System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    2011년 4월 28일 목요일 오후 5:09
  • ?bump?
    2011년 5월 5일 목요일 오전 12:47
  • ?bump?
    2011년 5월 12일 목요일 오후 8:49