none
Microsoft is killing the TMG?

질문

• I don't want to cause any confusion, but last week emerged some rumors that Microsoft would be killing the Forefront TMG, the Gartner Magic Quadrant to publish entitled "Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway" on the last day 25 even included the TMG as it does every year. Gartner says in the report that Microsoft has confirmed that it is discontinuing the product but that the support will remain active. The question is not about anyone who is saying, is Gartner! How are customers using TMG today in long-term perspective? Microsoft will release another product?Finally, the report was released on 25 may, and it is reasonable to imagine that it took some months to get ready, so Gartner already has this information awhile ago right? And Microsoft will not say anything to your community that uses/supports/disseminates the product? Microsoft in no longer blindfolded while offer TMG for our clients at the risk of I sell a product that could be discontinued tomorrow?
    Microsoft, more respect with the partners and technical community!
    Sources:
    2011년 6월 6일 월요일 오후 11:00

답변

• Angelo, the report stated and Microsoft confirmed that TMG 2010 will be maintained - and fully supported - for its full ten year cycle. I cannot say more than that.
    Keith Alabaster - MVP/Forum Moderator
    2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오전 5:17
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, Microsoft remains committed to security and will continue to support our customers by providing support for TMG with service packs and other updates through the product’s lifecycle. 

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오후 3:28

모든 응답

• Angelo, the report stated and Microsoft confirmed that TMG 2010 will be maintained - and fully supported - for its full ten year cycle. I cannot say more than that.
    2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오전 5:17
  • Hi !

I like user and system and network admin is not a happy if this information a true. To many years i dedicated to old ISA Server and now TMG.

I hops that Microsoft is not make a mistakes and that stay and support and developed new edition ISA/TMG server.

Alterantive product is not optinal.

Best Regards

2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오전 6:56
  • Keith, the report says that support will remain active, but he argues that the development of new versions will be shut down, this is precisely the critical point of this news.

Best Regards
    2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오전 11:39
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, Microsoft remains committed to security and will continue to support our customers by providing support for TMG with service packs and other updates through the product’s lifecycle. 

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    2011년 6월 7일 화요일 오후 3:28
  •  No new versions of TMG will be released? Is that true? If so, it is a bad news for netfee. 

Netfee 3.8 is on the way:(

Netfee for TMG/ISA server ---- Http://www.netfeesoftware.com

2011년 6월 9일 목요일 오전 2:40
  • I think that's why some partners/competitors started their own proxy-kind product, instead of the plug-in to Microsoft ISA/TMG.  For example, WebSense.  We should have sensed that, I guess their partners knew the fact or trend years ago.
    2011년 8월 4일 목요일 오후 3:33
  • No matter how the future of TMG,netfee 3.8 still come out  as expected.

http://www.netfeesoftware.com/NetFee/release.htm

Hope it's helpful for you.

Netfee for TMG/ISA server ---- Http://www.netfeesoftware.com
    2011년 8월 7일 일요일 오후 1:30
  • I believe the point everyone is making is not so much that it will be supported thru 2020. The point is that it appears that the product has been discontinued from Microsoft. As a reseller, I do not want to sell a product that has been discontinued period regardless of the support thru 2020. We look towards Microsoft as the one to enhanced the product with more features. If that ain't happen, I'm not selling....

2012년 8월 7일 화요일 오후 8:29
  • That is your perogative.

2012년 8월 8일 수요일 오전 5:14
  • However, I would like to make you notice that TMG seem not to be supported on Windows Server 2012. Will TMG finish it cycle on Windows Server 2008?
    2012년 10월 3일 수요일 오후 9:57
  • I believe that will be the case, yes. i.e. I have not heard anything to the contrary.

2012년 10월 4일 목요일 오전 4:51
  • The demise, with two month's notice, of TMG is a very poor support decision by Microsoft. This is compounded by the failure to announce any viable alternatives or replacement products. As ISA/TMG customers for many years it is disappointing that MS would transition out of a product in this way. With many of us knee-deep in EA agreements, we are left paying for SA on a product that is effectively dead for the next couple of years.

At least Microsoft should detail what technologies it has replicated in other products and offer those of us with current licensing/SA for TMG a license swap or discount to move to the new stuff.

Microsoft invested a lot of time selling us on this product and we have invested a lot of time implementing and supporting it. To have end of sale announced with little warning and no alternatives just isn't good business practice.

-Hunter

2012년 10월 8일 월요일 오후 1:58
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Namrata Thorve 2012년 10월 8일 월요일 오후 4:18
    2012년 10월 8일 월요일 오후 4:18
  • That depends. I was told that Microsoft will stop selling TMG licenses starting December 2012. Obviously you cannot resell licenses that are no longer available from Microsoft.
    • 편집됨 Ronald den Os 2012년 11월 1일 목요일 오후 4:29
    2012년 11월 1일 목요일 오후 4:29