none
Norman scan engine failure on Office docs

Pergunta

• Using FPSP201 with Hotfix Rollup1 deployed on a SharePoint2007 farm, I get the following EventViewer-Application Warnings:

Scan engine failure within Manual scan job (file "various MS Office documents", message "<n/a", folder "url to teamsites documents", engine Norman 00010025)

The warnings only apply to MS Office documents; .doc, .xls, .ppt, and only to the engine "Norman 00010025". Is there a reason and solution to this?

quarta-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2012 18:21

Respostas

•  

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I did some research and found this issue may related to permissions, please check this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee358918.aspx

"The account used to install Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP) should be entered using the Domain\Account format when the server is part of a domain. This account must be a member of the Local Administrators group on the SharePoint server and have SharePoint Farm Administrators privileges. If SharePoint is configured to connect to the database using Windows authentication, this account must also be a member of the SQL Sysadmin role on the database server."

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 07:49

Todas as Respostas

•  

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Before going any further, I suggest you update the FPSP 2011 to the latest version rollup2. And do you have receive any error message in the FPSP console dashboard?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012 08:03
  • It's an out-of-the-box installation, no configuring applied and new signatures are downloaded successfully.

With Rollup2 onboard, I still get same amount of Norman scan engine failure from scheduled scan. My dashboard says:

Sched. scan:  Total files: 80393; Total incidents detected: 0; There is no data to display.

Realtime scan: Total files: 77 Total incidents detected: 0 There is no data to display

On-Dem scan: Total incidents detected: 0 There is no data to display

A look into Malware Details shows the same figures, naturally.

sexta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2012 09:35
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I did some research and found this issue may related to permissions, please check this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee358918.aspx

"The account used to install Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP) should be entered using the Domain\Account format when the server is part of a domain. This account must be a member of the Local Administrators group on the SharePoint server and have SharePoint Farm Administrators privileges. If SharePoint is configured to connect to the database using Windows authentication, this account must also be a member of the SQL Sysadmin role on the database server."

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 07:49