Unable to view reports after SP1 installation

Pergunta

• Hi, after installation of SP1 the utility to view reports is not showing any information,
    I saw the SQL express logs and it is already traffic information logged, any issues with that?

segunda-feira, 26 de julho de 2010 12:41

Todas as Respostas

• I am having the same issue.  I can report on data collected before the upgrade to SP1.  After SP1 upgrade no data is being reported.
    segunda-feira, 26 de julho de 2010 18:42
  • Do you see any alerts if you create a report job ?

What type of reports you are attempting to create - user based report?( the new feature in SP1)

If your user name contains a space character then user based reports may be blank

For any reason did you attempt to uninstall SP1?

Bala Natarajan [MSFT]| Sr. Support Escalation Engineer | CSS Security
    quarta-feira, 28 de julho de 2010 14:12
    Usuário que responde
  • if you see any alerts in your TMG at the time of report generation , can you share it?
    quarta-feira, 28 de julho de 2010 14:13
    Usuário que responde
  • The report is created but with no data.  This error is in the Application event log all the way back to the date of 7/21/2010.

I created a one time report with the defaults and the date prior to the day I was running it.  The reports do run for dates before 7/21/2010.

EventID 30973

The daily summary for day "07/27/2010" was not created.  This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.105.7.0.8108.200 to report the failure.

quarta-feira, 28 de julho de 2010 14:38
  • Can you also confirm

1. thatyou did not attempt uninstall/ reinstall of SP1

2. You followed the order of SP1 install EMS /Array Manager first , then the reporting server and then the other array members

If report for a day is missed it will be attempted the following day until the previous day reports succeeds. Make sure your summary generation happens before the scheduled report generation .

Can you also make sure the Scheduler service and Managed control services are running

If they are running then we need further tracing done at the time of report generation and so it would be better to open a support case for this

quarta-feira, 28 de julho de 2010 21:28
    Usuário que responde
  • 1.  I did not attempt to uninstall/reinstall SP1

2.  I only have one TMG 2010 server.

3.  I can query and get data on the user report.

segunda-feira, 2 de agosto de 2010 21:03
  • The Report generation erros are generally shown by the way of alerts only. So  herer is what i would suggest

Make sure the ISAMANAGEDCTRL, ISASCHED, MSSQL$ISARS, ReportServer$ISARS services are running

Check for SQL errors in

*      ReportServer: Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.ISARS\Reporting Services\LogFiles

*      MSSQL: Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.ISARS\MSSQL\LOG

Check event viewer for any SQL related errors. In the system Node in TMG MMC in the communication tab , make sure the intra array IP is a valid IP .

If none of this helps, please open a  support ticket so that we can troubleshoot this further with TMG Tracing

quarta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2010 02:01
    Usuário que responde
  • Also please follow the troubleshooting section for reporting issues in this section of technet

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff849731.aspx

I would like to see the results of particularly this step

Add the following extended error info flag to the reporting registry entry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\rat\stingray\debug\REPORTING /v ALERT_EXTENDED_ERROR_INFORMATION /t REG_DWORD /d 1

noteNote:
    The change takes effect immediately

This will generate more info in alerts when report generation fails .

Please look at the troubleshooting link above and follow the steps and report back

quinta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2010 13:15
    Usuário que responde
  • I wanted to add to this thread that I experienced this issue also when upgrading from TMG 2010 to TMG 2010 SP1.

The Technet article Bala mentioned on Troubleshooting TMG 2010 Reporting was great: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff849731.aspx.

Steps 13-14 from that article fixed it for me (install and run Reporting Services Configuration Manager 2008 on the TMG computer).

John Joyner
    MVP-Operations Manager

terça-feira, 17 de agosto de 2010 15:29
  • Bala,

with the registry key change, I see the following errors

Description: The daily summaries could not be summarized into a monthly summary for "07/2010". This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.158.7.0.8108.200 to report the failure.

Summary definition extended error information:

Name: 'Initialization'.

Method: 'Open Connection'.

SQL error description: Login failed for user 'ISA_RS_USER'.

The failure is due to error: 0x80040e4d

The daily summaries could not be summarized into a monthly summary for "08/2010". This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.158.7.0.8108.200 to report the failure.

Summary definition extended error information:

Name: 'Initialization'.

Method: 'Open Connection'.

SQL error description: Login failed for user 'ISA_RS_USER'.

The failure is due to error: 0x80040e4d

And this other

Description: The daily summary for day "09/08/2010" was not created. This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.100.7.0.8108.200 to report the failure.

Summary Definition Extended error information:

Name: 'UserSummary'.

Method: 'EXEC ISA_spUserSummary'.

SQL Error description: Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type bigint.
    The statement has been terminated.

The failure is due to error: 0x80040e57

now im sure that the problem is asociated with the SP1 installation

thanks

quinta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2010 20:21
  • DFBB

in your case now  try running the fixsqlserverlogin_vbs script mentioned in the article

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff717843.aspx#fixsqlserverlogin_vbs

make sure when you run the script , you have to wait for each node to sync with EMS and then run it on second(next) node in case of enterprise edition. This script allows  admin to change the password and connect to the database.

sábado, 18 de setembro de 2010 04:18
  • any updates on this

Suraj singh

quarta-feira, 22 de setembro de 2010 19:55
  • Suraj,

Are you saying that TMG 2010 SP1 needs to be removed to fix this, along with running the VB script?  Seems like a step backwards. 

I already have SP1 and UD 1 to SP1 installed.  Removing them should not be necessary.

Doc

quarta-feira, 3 de novembro de 2010 06:35