none
Forefront TMG and SharePoint 2010 Publishing Timeout Issue

Întrebare

• Ok I have a really weird one here. Standards TMG 2010 install on a DMZ machine with 1 NIC. This is only used for reverse proxy work to allow external users access to SharePoint sites. We do not use it for any other purposes. As soon as we reconfigure our DMZ we will be using UAG and a 2 NIC configuration.

Before I installed TMG 2010 I was able to acess all of the internal sites running SharePoint just fine. After tMG 2010 install when I go to an internal site it will not complete the render of the page. In fact it rarely gets past the header section. This, of course, causes the page to not render. Sometimes I will get a partial render but essentially it is acting like it is timing out before it finishes.

For example: http://site.mycompany.com/sites/Test <- Won't render - view source does show that it loaded partially but just kinda stopped mid stream.

Now: http://site.mycompany.com/sites/Test/default.asp?Mobile=1 <- WIll render completely

I did create an allow all sites internal rule just to be safe. I also have played with HTTP Compression and other settings as well to try and make this work. I also created a firewall rule for my external site just to see what happens externally... I can log in but the same thing occurs. Partially rendered page.

I see no obtuse errors in TMG 2010 at all, just connections and then connection closed. This is really odd.

Anyone seen this before in any setup or have any idea why it will render in Mobile but not in ful mode (besides the obvious reasons like mobile is a smaller file footprint because it omits the JS and other Sharepoint bloat).

P.S.: Let me add some weirdness to this mix--

If I use the Mobile vie wof the page it works externally....WOW. It is just the regular view that seems to bog down and die. It literally just stops receiving the data stream from IIS and acts like the connection has been severed.

Steve

• Editat de seschu01 25 septembrie 2011 18:25
    25 septembrie 2011 13:56

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“I have a really weird one here. Standards TMG 2010 install on a DMZ machine with 1 NIC. This is only used for reverse proxy work to allow external users access to SharePoint sites. We do not use it for any other purposes. As soon as we reconfigure our DMZ we will be using UAG and a 2 NIC configuration.” – how do you publish SharePoint site? TMG or UAG? If you using UAG, please refer to this guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857299.aspx.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    26 septembrie 2011 02:08
  • We are using TMG to publish for now.

I actually got the site published and it does work but only the mobile views of a page will render. For some reason the full views just timeout and won't render. This happens on the TMG Server as well as externally.

If I do a View Source I can see that it is starting to pull the SharePoint site but it just stops mid stream.

These pages all work internally on the network. They DID work on the TMG Server until I installed TMG. So something with TMG is preventing a full page render but allowing mobile pages to render on the exact same site.

Steve
    26 septembrie 2011 02:31
  • Steve,

Do you see anything odd in the Live Logging while trying to access this site?

Also, since this is a Single NIC scenario how do you have your Internal network defined? Remember that in a Single NIC scenario ISA/TMG recognizes only 2 networks (Localhost and Internal). Is the Listener set to use the Internal network?

1 noiembrie 2011 18:29