none
Forefront Endpoint Protection fails to automatically remove McAfee VirusScan 8.7 and install.

Вопрос

• Hi Everyone,

I have the job of rolling Forefront Endpoint Protection out to 3000+ PCs.  I am deploying the client via the SCCM console by advertising the package to a collection but it fails to run and the installation fails with the Error code:0x80070002.  If I remove the McAfee software manually and re-run the advertisement the software will install but this isn't the point.  I have roll this out seamlessly and cannot go round manually removing the McAfee software.

Microsoft advertise the FEP software as being capable of automatically detecting the McAfee the software and removing it before installing.  However this doesnt appear to work! 

Please help!

Spooter
    2 июня 2011 г. 12:56

Все ответы

• Hi,

Have you turned of access protection in the mcafee client before deploying FEP at which point FEP will fail to uninstall the Mcafee software.
    You could check the EppSetup.log located in %allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Client\Support for more info from the setup of FEP.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System center blog ccmexec.com --
    2 июня 2011 г. 15:01
  • Hi Jorgen,

Thanks for your reply.  I was quite hopeful after seeing your suggestion but this doesn't appear to have worked.  I modified the McAfee Access Protection policy and pushed it to the test machines but the FEP installation still fails and I get the below events in the application log.

Event 1

HRESULT:0x80070002
    Description:Cannot complete the Forefront Endpoint Protection installation. An error has prevented the Forefront Endpoint Protection setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Event 2

The program for advertisement "S04200D0" failed ("S0400156" - "Install"). The failure description was "Cannot complete the Forefront Endpoint Protection installation. An error has prevented the Forefront Endpoint Protection setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.  ".
    User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Possible cause: The program generated an installation status Management Information Format (MIF) file with a status value of Failed.
    Solution: For more information about the failure, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.

The EppSetup.log has the below error message.

Operation failed: MorroBootstraper::CInstallFlow::InternalRun - GetCompetitiveAppRemoveAction - Cannot complete the Forefront Endpoint Protection installation. An error has prevented the Forefront Endpoint Protection setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.   [80070002]

Spooter
    3 июня 2011 г. 6:41
  • HI,

Have you solved this already or still a problem?

/Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com --
    30 июля 2011 г. 10:05
  • Hi Spooter,

I don´t know if you have access to the McAfee ePO server? If you have you should be able to look at a clients Threat Event log and see if McAfee is blocking the FEP removal of the VirusScan 8.7.

Good Luck!

/Tobias

1 августа 2011 г. 7:44
  • Hi Everyone

We're about to do the same with 3000 clients although we will need to contend with Trend Micro. I will be more than happy to post our results and hopefully it will provide some insight for us all.

Simon

22 августа 2011 г. 15:40
  • Hi Spooter,

Did you get anywhere with this? We will be deploying FEP 2012 to replace McAfee 8.8, I will post what we come up with to keep this topic alive. The one curve-ball we will have is we will be doing a cross forest migration first into a new forest and then deploying FEP using SCCM in the new domain. So the McAfee management will be unavailable to make client changes after we migrate computer accounts first.

----------

Nick

3 июля 2012 г. 23:55