none
Change workflow status manually

Question

• Hi,

I have a list associates with a workflow, everything went fine until the last step. As a result, the workflow status becomes Canceled (There is one column in the list that has the value of the workflow status). I plan to re-do that last step manually and change the workflow status to "Approved" manually. Such as editing the list item itself. But seems like I can't do it. What is the easiest way to change the workflow status? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

jeudi 7 juin 2012 13:39

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• Try with SharePoint Designer. There is an action called "Set workflow status", you can use it to set the workflow status.

• Modifié irusul jeudi 7 juin 2012 14:04
    jeudi 7 juin 2012 14:03
  • Can you have some column that marks if you have completed the last step manually? So, you can pause the workflow till someone sets the column. Once it is set you can set the status to approved.

Ameet Phadnis (Alexander Open Systems) Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

jeudi 7 juin 2012 14:04
  • Thanks for you advice.

But in this case, I can't do it in SPD. Because I would like to edit individual cases (liste item). As that particular item has been completed, I just want to change to status since I fixed other things manually, and would like to fix the workflow, so that that particular item will be shown as "Approved"

Thanks again.

jeudi 7 juin 2012 15:23
  • Hi wikpli,

How about use the Content approval option in List settings > Versioning settings > Select "Require content approval for submitted items" option. Just let the workflow to be completed, and approve the item manually when other things are ready.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

lundi 11 juin 2012 08:12
  • Hi Emir,

Does that mean I have to approve every single item in the list after the workflow completes?

Thanks in advance.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 13:25
  • Hi wikpli,

Yes, we need to approve every item manually.

If you want to approve multiple items at one time, as a OOB workaround, please try Aphadnis's solution, pause the workflow until a particular column set to a particular value. And you can go to datasheet view and change the column for multiple items, so that the workflow will start for multiple items at the same time.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

jeudi 14 juin 2012 02:40
  • Thanks Emir,

I think the original purpose was to fix just one item that was done incorrectly. And I just want to reset the status. So, I believe, there may not have a straight forward way to do so.

Thanks again.

jeudi 14 juin 2012 14:04