none
Permission using Info-path 2010

Question

• Dear All,

1)   I I was just going through some tutorial for SP 2010 . In one section i was creating condition for a form. The condition 

is to check if the user is valid or not and show access denied page and the condition goes like this 

"AccoundID is not equal to Domainname\username()"

it says username() function will get the current user who is logged on.

But what i didn't get is how does it know who is the rightful person to be logged in

for example hr should be the person who has to have access to the page. 

2)  After creating the forms in info path and publishing it,

it gives only one forms which i used as a template to create another form. The rest 5 forms i have created 

i can see under current view section on the ribbon, please advice 

I am just a beginner please excuse

Best Regards

Roma

• Modifié roma_victa dimanche 18 mars 2012 03:58 Wrong Header
    samedi 17 mars 2012 16:16

Réponses

• Roma,

1) The permissions manangement can be left to sharepoint. You are probably creating the infopath form for certain list or going to upload it to the forms library. Manage permissions for the list/library by going to list/library settings --> manage permissions. Users who do not have access to the list/library will not be able to access the form as well.

2) The forms that you have created are actually views. You can select what view to display by using Form Load rules. Go into Data tab in the infopath ribbon --> Form Load --> Rules manager appears --> click "New" --> Select "Action" --> Create rule to switch views. If you intend to create separate forms you need to create new forms altogether each time. Also, you can change the view of the form in sharepoint --> When you open the infopath form in sharepoint you have option to change view in the top ribbon.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

• Marqué comme réponse roma_victa lundi 19 mars 2012 17:28
    dimanche 18 mars 2012 10:03

Toutes les réponses

• Roma,

1) The permissions manangement can be left to sharepoint. You are probably creating the infopath form for certain list or going to upload it to the forms library. Manage permissions for the list/library by going to list/library settings --> manage permissions. Users who do not have access to the list/library will not be able to access the form as well.

2) The forms that you have created are actually views. You can select what view to display by using Form Load rules. Go into Data tab in the infopath ribbon --> Form Load --> Rules manager appears --> click "New" --> Select "Action" --> Create rule to switch views. If you intend to create separate forms you need to create new forms altogether each time. Also, you can change the view of the form in sharepoint --> When you open the infopath form in sharepoint you have option to change view in the top ribbon.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

• Marqué comme réponse roma_victa lundi 19 mars 2012 17:28
    dimanche 18 mars 2012 10:03
  • When you use userName() you get the current windows-user.

You can get the current user-profile-information from the 'User Profile Service Web service'

this is a great post with the explanation

http://claytoncobb.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/userprofileservice-extended/

/blog twttr @esjord

dimanche 18 mars 2012 11:30
  • Dear Huzefa, 

thank you for your replay. i have done exactly like you said in the second point. I created 5 forms (views) and give rules to change views based on the user logged in. but each time when a user logged in to the system it shows only the first default view when you

open info path form the ribbon  . I have used this ribbon as a template to create other views and set the rules. But other views you can see it  under current views when you click "Add new items" 

dimanche 18 mars 2012 16:35
  • Hi Roma ,

You can change the form options to hide the views from the ribbon .In this way ,users cannot change the view manually .You can use rules
    to switch views only .

1. Open the form in InfoPath  designer .Choose File>Info>Form Options .
    2. Uncheck Views under ‘Show the following commands’.

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

lundi 19 mars 2012 01:56
    Modérateur