none
How to fix RoleLink expression error: The expression you have entered is not valid

Question

• I am following this tutorial: http://masteringbiztalkserver.wordpress.com/category/orchestrations/page/2/

But I am using the schema :ORM_O01_23_GLO_DEF.xsd and want to drop in different folders based on the value in ORC1, for example :

ORC1 = NA; drop files in folder A

ORC1 =SC; drop files in folder B

ORC1 = CA; drop files in folder C

I am getting "The expression you have entered is not valid." when I use the below expression:

RoleLink_1(Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.DestinationParty)= new Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.Party(Message_1.ORC_1_ControlOrder,"SomeId");

Any suggestions how to fix it?

dimanche 17 juin 2012 23:03

Toutes les réponses

• I believe the overload with two parameters takes two strings: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.xlangs.basetypes.party.ctor(v=bts.10). Are you sure what you're passing is a string? -Dan

If this answers your question, please Mark as Answer

lundi 18 juin 2012 02:14
  • I believe the overload with two parameters takes two strings: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.xlangs.basetypes.party.ctor(v=bts.10). Are you sure what you're passing is a string? -Dan

I am sorry, I did not understand your reply.
    lundi 18 juin 2012 03:05
  • No worries, I meant 'are you sure that Message_1.ORC_1_ControlOrder is a string property?'  Also is you're role a provider or consumer role?

-Dan

lundi 18 juin 2012 03:37
  • No worries, I meant 'are you sure that Message_1.ORC_1_ControlOrder is a string property?'  Also is you're role a provider or consumer role?

-Dan

Role provider is consumer role.

ORC1 is ID field, I donot know if it is string.

lundi 18 juin 2012 03:54
  • Any more suggestions to fix this error? Biztalk specifically does not like this paramter:

"Message_1.ORC_1_ControlOrder"

lundi 18 juin 2012 17:59
  • I would really appreciate if anyone shed some light on this error?
    mardi 26 juin 2012 01:33
  • Open that particular expression shape and go to last line of each statement and press the delete button until it won’t affect the next line code.

Now close the visual studio and reopen again and try to build the application.

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

mardi 26 juin 2012 08:14
  • Open that particular expression shape and go to last line of each statement and press the delete button until it won’t affect the next line code.

Now close the visual studio and reopen again and try to build the application.

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

First of all Thanks for the response.

I did exactly you told but I get the below error when I build the solution (In BizTalk Orchestration1.odx):

1. You must specify at least one already-initialized correlation set for a non-activation receive that is on a non-selfcorrelating port.

2. The expression that you have entered is not valid.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have zero idea about the above errors.

mardi 26 juin 2012 15:09