none
Compare list items to all users to see who did not create an item

Question

• I've been tasked with helping our HR dept. with a form (SharePoint list, InfoPath form) that has to be completed on an annual basis. The form design is complete and some users have submitted their forms. Now HR wants me to find a way to show them which users DID NOT complete their form. I am thinking that perhaps there is a way to pull user account names from the User Profile Service and compare this to the "Modified By" column of the SP list. But I do not know how to do this. I am not a developer but I do use SharePoint Designer and am comfortable with creating Soap connections to data sources if that is needed.The user list has to be dynamic as the form will also be required of new hires as they come into the company.

Can anyone suggest how I might be able to do this? I'm anticipating that this same requirement will appear for other forms in the future so getting this to work for this instance will help with those as well.

Thank you for any suggestions that you may have.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 13:53

Toutes les réponses

• hi

always HR:)

try using Powershell script

That script will parse a list/document with all users, and for each user will check for an item filled by the user in your SHP list

If the user will be there, Bonus for that user!:)

If isn't, write in a separate txt file the user's name !:(

This action could be scheduled after working hours.

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 15:38
  • The power-shell option is good as a re-usable solution. If you just need something quick and dirty.

your option can be :

• In SharePoint, "export to excel" the "modified by" column to an excel spreadsheet, do the sorting alphabetically.
    • Get a list of all users, paste them in your excel

You should be able to do a comparison and find out who has submitted and how has not yet.

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.
    mercredi 13 juin 2012 16:51
  • Jason or Romeo,

Thanks, but how do I get the list of all users? I was thinking I could get them from the User Profile Service but I do not know how.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 17:05
  • Hi

here you'll find the script ton list all users from an AD

http://clintboessen.blogspot.ro/2010/10/powershell-list-all-users-in-domain.html

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 18:03
  • or DOS command: change AllEmployees to your group name.

net group AllEmployees /domain

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.
    mercredi 13 juin 2012 18:57
  • Some of these entries were marked as the answer but they did not answer my original question. I need a way to bring the profile data into a SharePoint list or a data source to be used on data views and InfoPath forms.  This needs to be dynamic not a one-off. Just running a Powershell script to list them out is not the answer. Please refer back to the original question to make recommendations.

Thanks.

lundi 25 juin 2012 15:59
  • Just some thoughts to share:

• When you are trying to solve a particular business request or issue, you don't have to stick to a particular technical way. You take a look at the options you have to see what fits in the most.
    • It is also always good to have a "one-click" and packaged solution to a business issue.  Sometimes, it is okay to have a manual solutionin particular when the manual approach is must cost effective than developing a "one-click"/packaged solution.

lundi 25 juin 2012 17:41