none
Document Library Inside Document Set View

Question

• Hi

I have placed a document library webpart inside a Document set. I want the Document Webpart view to be filtered based on a column value called release. But i need this to be different for each and every Document Set.

For example I create a document set called BR13-1. Within this Document set I added a webpart document library. I only want to show documents that are Br13-1 release realted. Now this view will filter to every other document set created.

So now if i want to create a document set called Br13-2, the document library webpart should filter to only show documents that are BR13-2 related and so on.

In a nutshell different filtered view for the document library web part for each and every document set.

Hope this makes sense.

vendredi 15 juin 2012 17:10

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

You can try to use text filter web part to achieve this.

You can add a text filter in your document sets, then use some codes to set the value of the filter web part dynamically. Now connect the filter to the document library web part.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

lundi 18 juin 2012 08:00
  • Can you explain how this is done?

Or point me to a URL that explains this procedure. Im not familiar with text fiters.

lundi 18 juin 2012 16:50
  • Is there a way in the view to create a filter. But use a Function. For example modify the view and then under filters..only display when the following is true.

Release Column = [Document Set Name]

Because the name of the document set exactly what needs to be filtered. So if the name is BR13-1 then the filter should only filter and show all documents that are BR13-1.

lundi 18 juin 2012 18:17
  • Hello berket13,

I stumbled on this thread of yours while searching for the exact requirement you had in your question.

We have the same requirement and I am trying to search for a solution and was wondering if you were able to achieve your requirement and if so how did you finally achieve.

Thank you

Sachin Jog

lundi 8 octobre 2012 16:55