none
email notification - Recipients

Question

• Is there a limit of what object/attribute can be selected in the recipients of email notification?

In my case, the set that defines who gets notification is not a user object. But that set has reference to the user object.

for example: object A(non user) is falling to the set. [//Target/SponsoredAccount] defines the user object which has an email and needs to be notified.

How can I define this in recipients? Recipients column has  url picker which is not allowing me enter my value. Please help. Thanks.

samedi 6 avril 2013 21:39

Réponses

• You are going to have to create a DG for those recipients based on the set membership you already defined.

Then in the recipients section, you would simply type in the DG email.

• Marqué comme réponse fim_sc mercredi 10 avril 2013 16:33
    lundi 8 avril 2013 16:39
  • Just Select any attribute (for example Assistant) from the dropdown and save. you will get [//Target/Assistant] dont worry.

then open the workflow again and click "Advanced View", in the Extended Attributes you will find XOML, search for [//Target/Assistant] and replace it with [//Target/SponsoredAccount]

That should do it.

Regards Furqan Asghar

mardi 9 avril 2013 08:38

Toutes les réponses

• Just manually enter the expression such as your sample one above.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

samedi 6 avril 2013 22:22
    Modérateur
  • Brian,

It is a resource picker. While it is allowing to be type [//target], it is not allowing me to type [//Target/SponsoredAccount] and save it. It is giving "unable to process you request" dialog box when I save it. In my case, target is not a user object.[//Target/SponsoredAccount] is the user object.

lundi 8 avril 2013 13:29
  • You are going to have to create a DG for those recipients based on the set membership you already defined.

Then in the recipients section, you would simply type in the DG email.

lundi 8 avril 2013 16:39
  • Just Select any attribute (for example Assistant) from the dropdown and save. you will get [//Target/Assistant] dont worry.

then open the workflow again and click "Advanced View", in the Extended Attributes you will find XOML, search for [//Target/Assistant] and replace it with [//Target/SponsoredAccount]

That should do it.

Regards Furqan Asghar

mardi 9 avril 2013 08:38
  • Thanks All. I tried changing the xoml file and that one worked.
    mercredi 10 avril 2013 16:34