none
Site Collection Term Group gone wild

Question

• Hi,

A site collection term group is causing me problem. One group is now in the term store as a normal group and available from every where instead of a specific site collection.

Looking at the group using PowerShell, I get those properties...

IsSystemGroup           : False
    IsSiteCollectionGroup   : False
    SiteCollectionAccessIds : {}

I don't understand why the property IsSiteCollectionGroup is false?? This is a readonly property if you wondered..

When I try to add access to a site collection using $group.AddSiteCollectionAccess($siteID), I get this error:

Attempt was made to access a non-site collection group as a site collection group.

This error make sense!! But how do I fix my term group?? Anyone can help me with my issue?

Thanks

JPB21 | MCTS SharePoint 2010 Configuration and Application Development

vendredi 22 juin 2012 15:54

Réponses

• I haven't tried it, but since the site collection specific term set is created when a site column that would use it is created in a site collection.  and since that's not happening when the site collection is recreated from a template,  Yes, I think that's the source of the issue.  I don't think you will be able to use a site collection specific term set as part of a site template install.  You can probably use the site template, but you'll have to create the term set and column afterwords.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server
    MVP Senior Solutions Architect: BlueChip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

mardi 26 juin 2012 18:12

Toutes les réponses

• I suspect the easiest way to fix it will be to export it, then delete it and recreate it.

Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

vendredi 22 juin 2012 15:57
  • The root web was created using a site template which was created using "save as template" with the publishing feature activated... I know it's not supported and I'm not the one who created this.. But I'm wondering if this might be the source of my problem... Anyone?

EDIT: I delete the site collection and deleted the term group (using powershell Group.Delete function), then recreated the site collection.. no luck, the term group was not recreated

JPB21 | MCTS SharePoint 2010 Configuration and Application Development

• Modifié JP Berube mardi 26 juin 2012 16:27
    mardi 26 juin 2012 16:25
  • I haven't tried it, but since the site collection specific term set is created when a site column that would use it is created in a site collection.  and since that's not happening when the site collection is recreated from a template,  Yes, I think that's the source of the issue.  I don't think you will be able to use a site collection specific term set as part of a site template install.  You can probably use the site template, but you'll have to create the term set and column afterwords.

mardi 26 juin 2012 18:12