none
spd 2010 workflow migration issue

    Question

  • Hi,

    we have migrated our web application using content db attach detach process. after migration, the SPD workflow task items "related content" are pointing to a non existing url. we have changed the managed path in the destination and we have restored.

    E.G in source i have it as "http://test:20/ManagedPath1/AB and in destination I created it as http://test/ManagedPath2/CD.. Related content field points to http//test/ManagePath1/AB..

    Is this an expected behaviour ?

    Can this be corrected?

    thanks,

    Meena

    mercredi 13 juin 2012 21:19

Réponses

  • Hi Meena,


    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I've ran the same scenario in my environment and here are the results: 

    -  Workflow tasks, reflect the new URL 

    -  Workflow list items, reflect the new URL


    Unfortunately I was unable to achieve the same issue your experiencing.  There may be something else happening

    in your environment.  I used SQL's backup and restore method to move the databases between farms. 


    Then used these two powershells to prepare the database

    -  Test-SPContentDatabase -Name "WSS_Content_Migrate" -WebApplication "http://Migrate2"

    -  Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name "WSS_Content_Migrate" -WebApplication "http://Migrate2"


    Compare your farm versioning to mine.

    Go to:

    (in 2007) Central Admin\Operations\Servers in the Farm

    (in 2010) Central Admin\System Settings\Manager server in this farm


    MOSS 2007

    12.0.6565.5001 (which is Aug11CU)


    MSS 2010

    14.0.6106.5000 (which is Jun11CU)


    More research will be necessary to determine the direct cause of your issue. 

    I recommend opening a support case to further investigate.

     

     Gregg


    MSFT

    mardi 26 juin 2012 16:07

Toutes les réponses

  • Hi,

    Thank you for your post.

    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir


    Emir Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    jeudi 14 juin 2012 10:54
  • Hi Meena,


    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I've ran the same scenario in my environment and here are the results: 

    -  Workflow tasks, reflect the new URL 

    -  Workflow list items, reflect the new URL


    Unfortunately I was unable to achieve the same issue your experiencing.  There may be something else happening

    in your environment.  I used SQL's backup and restore method to move the databases between farms. 


    Then used these two powershells to prepare the database

    -  Test-SPContentDatabase -Name "WSS_Content_Migrate" -WebApplication "http://Migrate2"

    -  Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name "WSS_Content_Migrate" -WebApplication "http://Migrate2"


    Compare your farm versioning to mine.

    Go to:

    (in 2007) Central Admin\Operations\Servers in the Farm

    (in 2010) Central Admin\System Settings\Manager server in this farm


    MOSS 2007

    12.0.6565.5001 (which is Aug11CU)


    MSS 2010

    14.0.6106.5000 (which is Jun11CU)


    More research will be necessary to determine the direct cause of your issue. 

    I recommend opening a support case to further investigate.

     

     Gregg


    MSFT

    mardi 26 juin 2012 16:07