none
SharePoint Version Check In

Question

• I need to be able to have files auto-increment the minor version number when checking in a document into a file library. I want no version dialog box to appear. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony

vendredi 22 juin 2012 16:38

Réponses

• check in calls the /_layouts/checkin.aspx application page, which inherits the microsoft.sharepoint.applicationpages.checkin class.

You can open the class in .net reflector to find that the check in action is actually written in the ExecuteAction method, which is call from the OnLoad event when the form is postback;

You can create your custom application page, which does similar thing as that in the ExecuteAction method, and create SharePoint CustomAction in ECB menu to call this custom application page.

jeudi 28 juin 2012 08:46

Toutes les réponses

• Just enable the minor version in library settings

OOB it is not possible to make it disappear from the item.

vendredi 22 juin 2012 21:53
  • I don't believe it is possible to not have version dialog box not to appear. When you set up versioning in a library, you can choose minor and major version or only minor or only major. Minor version is used if a document is still a draft. Major version is used when the document is completed and is ready to be published.
    samedi 23 juin 2012 02:40
  • check in calls the /_layouts/checkin.aspx application page, which inherits the microsoft.sharepoint.applicationpages.checkin class.

You can open the class in .net reflector to find that the check in action is actually written in the ExecuteAction method, which is call from the OnLoad event when the form is postback;

You can create your custom application page, which does similar thing as that in the ExecuteAction method, and create SharePoint CustomAction in ECB menu to call this custom application page.

jeudi 28 juin 2012 08:46