none
Requesting all available fields or result profiles

Question

• Hello community,

I'm writing a JAVA client to connect to the SOAP interface from a FastSearch 4 SharePoint 2010.

I'm using this syntax: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms563775

Is there any possibility to get all available fields inside a result, without requesting each of them as a property element? In FAST ESP there are result profiles which I can use while querying. Inside these result profiles is defined, which fields the result should contain.

Currently I'm defining each field I need as property element inside the QueryPacket, but this is no useful way, because a user don't know, which fields are existing.

TIA Paul

mercredi 13 juin 2012 07:45

Toutes les réponses

• Paul,

Not that I am aware of. Your query will span all indexed fields (usually all text fields by default.) But if you actually want to get the managed fields that would be a tall order (an possibly very inefficient.) Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

M

Matthew McDermott, MVP SharePoint

vendredi 15 juin 2012 12:17
  • Hallo Matthew, thanks for reply.

For result view I just need some fields (title, teaser, rank, author, documentdate), but for detail view I need much more fields.

On a FAST ESP I'am able to say "give me result profile -teaser-". On this profile it's defined, wich fields have to be returned.

I expect on FAST Search 4 SP I have to define each field I want to have in result inside the query. This is very uncomfortable and inefficient. Is there any better way?

lundi 18 juin 2012 08:28
  • Paul,

Not that I am aware of, if I understand. You want to configure a "field set" on the server and request that from code. I think the closest you could do is configure a file that represents your XML fields packet and change it as your needs change. Then read that from code.

Maybe someone with more FAST4SP experience can suggest an alternative.

Matthew

Matthew McDermott, MVP SharePoint

lundi 18 juin 2012 15:49