none
Is the Office 365 service upgrade required for the Exchange service to service connector?

Question

• From the Intune admin console I can successfully set up the service to service Exchange connector, but then it won't sync and gives me the error "Exchange Cannot Be Contacted".  The description is: Mobile device management is unavailable because the Exchange Connector cannot Contact the following Client Access server: WebServiceExchangeServer: <TenantName=companydomain.com>.

Isn't the Intune MDM supposed to work with Office 365? We haven't received the 2013 service upgrade yet, could it be the cause? Another interesting thing is that companydomain.com (in the error message above) isn't our primary domain but a domain used solely for a few email addresses.

mercredi 10 juillet 2013 09:05

Réponses

• We are in the same situation with Office 365 (not on the latest release) and received the same Exchange connector error.  Intune support said we need to be on the latest release of Office 365 to use the service to service connector. We don't have an on prem/hybrid Exchange environment.

• Marqué comme réponse Simon Hellbe jeudi 11 juillet 2013 08:42
    mercredi 10 juillet 2013 17:50

Toutes les réponses

• We are in the same situation with Office 365 (not on the latest release) and received the same Exchange connector error.  Intune support said we need to be on the latest release of Office 365 to use the service to service connector. We don't have an on prem/hybrid Exchange environment.

• Marqué comme réponse Simon Hellbe jeudi 11 juillet 2013 08:42
    mercredi 10 juillet 2013 17:50
  • OK, thanks for the reply!
    jeudi 11 juillet 2013 08:42
  • I am upgraded to the latest version, but have the same error.  Cannot find any info, can Microsoft help please?
    vendredi 19 juillet 2013 12:12
  • Same here.  Same error.  My Tenant was a brand new Office 365 tenant.  Was never the older version and Still have the same error.
    vendredi 19 juillet 2013 17:37
  • Hi all,

A couple requirements to remember:

1.  You must have the upgraded Office 365 experience

2.  The user setting up the Service To Service Connector must have a valid exchange license attached to that user in Office 365.

3.  You can only have public domain in use for email.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

dimanche 21 juillet 2013 05:25
  • Not sure about the others but my tenant meets all that criteria.  It was never built on the older version, I am the Global Admin.  I only have one public domain as well that's in use for email.
    lundi 22 juillet 2013 17:03
  • Hi,

Please open a support case so we can investigate why it's not working.

Thanks.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

lundi 22 juillet 2013 17:40