none
Approval Request does not fire

Question

• I've set up an Authorization Workflow which should, in theory, email a non employee user's manager when they change e.g. their job title, in order to approve this change.  The approver is set to be //Target/Manager

If I check the requests for the user, the MPR associated with the workflow is matched (along with 'Administrators: Administrators can read and update users' and 'Synchronization: synchronization account controls the users it synchronizes' .   The requestor is set to be members of the group who are being updated (non employees) as are targets before/after change. The change is made on a single value attribute, and the attributes that this applies to are listed. Grants permission is currently yes, but I also set it to 'no', with no difference in behaviour. The user has a manager.

There are no approvals shown associated with the request. The change is just made in the metaverse and then FIM Portal and, thereafter, the other systems. There is a custom email template for the approval, based on the generic approval email template. I've tried changing back to the default template, but that doesn't change the (lack of) behaviour.

The change is instigated by the MA which contains the data which is precedent for this field.

What am I missing/misunderstanding? Why is my authorization workflow not firing? Is it something to do with precedence?

Many thanks.

lundi 22 avril 2013 12:08

Réponses

• Hi

Who is make the change request? If the requestor is the manager then the approval will not fire. I ask because one of the matched MPRs is  'Administrators: Administrators can read and update users'. Also remember that if you are logged onto the portal as the FIMService account and making the request then the auth workflow wont fire.

• Marqué comme réponse SQLKnitter mercredi 24 avril 2013 11:31
    lundi 22 avril 2013 15:03

Toutes les réponses

• Hi

Who is make the change request? If the requestor is the manager then the approval will not fire. I ask because one of the matched MPRs is  'Administrators: Administrators can read and update users'. Also remember that if you are logged onto the portal as the FIMService account and making the request then the auth workflow wont fire.

• Marqué comme réponse SQLKnitter mercredi 24 avril 2013 11:31
    lundi 22 avril 2013 15:03
  • That explains it: because the request comes in via the User Data MA (a SQL MA that's got all the source data), it's made by the ilmsync account, which is an Administrator.

What, if anything, can I do about this? Right now, forcing the user to use FIM Portal to make the update isn't an option, because we've got too many data constraints that can't be dealt with in drop downs (doesn't mean to say that won't change in the future).

Thanks

lundi 22 avril 2013 15:15
  • Hi 

Not that i know of, sorry. 

lundi 22 avril 2013 15:22