none
What is this? ... Windows Update: Graphics Adapter WDDM update

Discussion générale

• I already have the latest NVIDIA driver installed on my Windows 7 x64 for my GeForce GTX 660 Ti.  But I got this item in my Windows Update list.  Is this something different from NVIDIA drivers--and therefore I should install it?  Or should I hide this update and ignore it?

[code]nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Download size: 227.8 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in January, 2013

More information:
    http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub[/code]

• Modifié TsunamiZ jeudi 28 mars 2013 05:47
    jeudi 28 mars 2013 05:47

Toutes les réponses

• The WDDM update for your nVidia graphics card is a driver provided to Microsoft from nVidia for the Windows 7 Update Catalog.  Most of the time these drivers are a couple of editions behind the ones you can download directly from nVidia, but they are genuine nVidia drivers and are not written by Microsoft.

It is your option to hide this suggested update since you know you already have a newer version installed on your system.  As you note in your post, Update type: Optional.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

jeudi 28 mars 2013 10:32
  • Hello TsunamiZ.

Since this update is tagged as optional, installation is not mandatory; furthermore, you wrote that you've the latest NVIDIA driver installed, so there is no reason for installing it (except for the situation where the driver can fix an error or provide improved performances).
    As a general rule, the best practice is to always install the drivers provided by the device's manufacturer and to rely on the drivers provided by Windows Update when a more specific driver is not available.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

jeudi 28 mars 2013 10:47
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

If everything is working fine on your computer, you can hide this udpate. To see a list of the updates you’ve chosen to hide-on the main Windows Update page, click Restore Hidden Updates.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

vendredi 29 mars 2013 06:37
    Modérateur