none
Can't access web links in excel

Question

• All of a sudden I can't access the web when clicking on a link saved in a worksheet.  I am using windows 7 and excel 2007.  When I click on a link I get the message:  "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  I didn't change anything on my computer, and don't know how this happened.  I can't find out how to make this restriction go away.  Anyone have any ideas of what to do?

Thanks

samedi 18 février 2012 03:39

Réponses

• Hi David,

I had this issue on my win 7 and resetting the IE to its default state resloved the issue . To reset the IE settings, follow the below mentioned steps

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

lundi 20 février 2012 01:29

Toutes les réponses

• Hi David,

I had this issue on my win 7 and resetting the IE to its default state resloved the issue . To reset the IE settings, follow the below mentioned steps

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

lundi 20 février 2012 01:29
  • Hi David,

You can try Zoeb's suggestion and check whether it works for you.

Or you can post this issue in Excel forum or IE forum, you will get better supports from there.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

vendredi 24 février 2012 07:55