none
How do I resize an embeded web page?

Question

• I have figured out how to display other web pages inside SharePoint using Page Viewer or Content Editor web parts, but so far I can't figure out how to resize the web page that is displayed. Resizing the web part just shows a smaller section of the web page.

On a related topic, is there an easy way to reorder web parts on your page? Specifically, if I want to add a script to the page of a list (to convert text to HTML) I need to put a Content Editor below the List. There appears to be no way to do this unless I start a new page and add the script before I add the list.

jeudi 21 juin 2012 13:36

Toutes les réponses

• 1.  You need to modify the properties of the hosting web part (Page Viewer or Content Editor) to make enough space for the hosted page.  Additionally, you may need to override your master page settings to allow the page to grow if needed.

2.  You can reorder web parts by clicking Site Actions / Edit Page and then dragging and dropping the web parts where you want them to be.

I trust that answers your question...

Thanks
    C

http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Quix Utilities for SharePoint | Codeplex

vendredi 22 juin 2012 13:52
  • 1. The problem is not that the page is too big for the content editor, the problem is that I want the page to be smaller than the original page was. The original page took up most of the browser window but I want to display it in a smaller area (say 1/4) of a SharePoint page. Shrinking the web part crops the site instead of scaling it.

In another case I realized that a content editor automatically scaled text that I entered into it without any option to undo the scaling. Basically I want a menu button that lets me scale the content shown by a content editor manually.

2. I tried that before, but now I realize that it works only if you click on the title of the web part (before I clicked on other parts the bar across the top like I would on a window).

vendredi 22 juin 2012 17:45