none
WSUS 2012 Installing Report Viewer

Question

• Hello,

Setting up my first WSUS on a Server 2012 machine.  To view a computer status and it through an error stating that I needed to install Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable.  I downloaded Report viewer then tried to install it and the install stated I needed .Net 2.0.  I know that .Net 3.5 includes 2.0 so I tried to install the feature through server manager.  Server manager couldn't find the files. I downloaded 3.5 and tried to install it specifying where the files were and Server Manager still could not find the installation.  I researched other fixes on line and found there is a Report Viewer 2012.  I downloaded it then tried to install it and it stated it needed Microsoft System CLR types for SQL server 2012.  I don't have nor do I need Microsoft SQL server and would like to avoid installing it if it is not necessary. So I looked into some other things people have done to fix this issue and came across a fix where I has to use Power Shell to run a command on the ISO image to enable the 3.5 feature. This didn't work either.  So what do I need to do to get this going? 

jeudi 18 juillet 2013 15:44

Réponses

• I figured it out. The source files are on the actual ISO disk and you have to use alternate source path and point to the disk source files.  E:\Sources\sxs-E: is my disk drive and \Sources\sxs is where the source files are.
    • Marqué comme réponse mightycabal vendredi 19 juillet 2013 14:23
    vendredi 19 juillet 2013 14:23

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Pls make sure that the .net 3.5 has been installed thru the adding feature wizard,and then install the Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable.If possible,restart your server and try it again.

After that, make sure Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable has been installed.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

vendredi 19 juillet 2013 07:30
    Modérateur
  • Well since I already tried to install 3.5 (as posted in my initial help request) this reply doesn't help much.  Again I tried to install the feature from the server manager and it says it can't find the files. So I tried to download 3.5 and I  pointed server manager to where it I had put the download using  specify an alternate source path and it still couldn't find it.  So I need to be able to have a 3.5 installation file my server can find.
    vendredi 19 juillet 2013 14:08
  • I figured it out. The source files are on the actual ISO disk and you have to use alternate source path and point to the disk source files.  E:\Sources\sxs-E: is my disk drive and \Sources\sxs is where the source files are.
    • Marqué comme réponse mightycabal vendredi 19 juillet 2013 14:23
    vendredi 19 juillet 2013 14:23
  • I ran into this issue as well.  I successfully added .Net Framework 3.5 through Server Manager, then installed Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable.  When I click Status Report, I get the same goofy error that report viewer needs to be installed.  So I re-ran the install and it gives me options to repair or remove it, which tells me it's already installed.  Turns out the computer needed rebooted.  Dumb old install program.
    mercredi 20 août 2014 14:58