none
Start-FIMReportingInitialSync.ps1 fails

Question

• Hi,

I'm receiving the following error when trying to run the Start-FIMReportingInitialSync.ps1:

mscorlib: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.RequestParameterParser.ConvertRequestParameterToExportLogEntries(Guid requestIdentifier, Int32 sequenceIndex, String parameter)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.DataManager.InitialDataManager.ReadBatchAndAdvance(Int32 batchSize)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.ReportingManager.ExecuteBatchOfExtractTransformLoad(IDataManager dataManager)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.ReportingManager.ExportInitialData(IDataManager dataManager)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.ReportingManager.ExportInitialData()
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Reporting.JobManager.Run()

I've run the data warehouse scripts and they completed successfully.

I also ran the MPSync job and that didn't show any errors.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Many thanks,

Sami

mardi 21 février 2012 17:10

Réponses

• Hey Sami,

Did this exception throw immediately upon starting the reporting job, or did it take some time to throw?  You can see by comparing the Start Time attribute with the Completed Time attribute on the Reporting Job object, which is accessible via Administration -> All Resources.

Were there any messages in the following event logs related to this error:

• FIM Service Event Log (on FIM service machine)
    • Operations Manager Event Log (on Service Manager Management Server machine)
    • Operations Manager Event Log (on Service Manager Data Warehouse machine)

Finally, did you run the Data Warehouse support scripts after the MPSyncJob which synchronized the FIM Reporting Management Packs to the Data Warehouse completed?

Thanks,

Adam (PM II, FIM Team)

mercredi 22 février 2012 02:16

Toutes les réponses

• Hey Sami,

Did this exception throw immediately upon starting the reporting job, or did it take some time to throw?  You can see by comparing the Start Time attribute with the Completed Time attribute on the Reporting Job object, which is accessible via Administration -> All Resources.

Were there any messages in the following event logs related to this error:

• FIM Service Event Log (on FIM service machine)
    • Operations Manager Event Log (on Service Manager Management Server machine)
    • Operations Manager Event Log (on Service Manager Data Warehouse machine)

Finally, did you run the Data Warehouse support scripts after the MPSyncJob which synchronized the FIM Reporting Management Packs to the Data Warehouse completed?

Thanks,

Adam (PM II, FIM Team)

mercredi 22 février 2012 02:16
  • Hi Adam,

I appreciate your help. I uninstalled the data warehouse and re-did the steps and it worked.

I think I misunderstood how to tell the MPSyncJob had completed and that may have been the cause of my problem... running the script too soon. Impatience is one of my virtues. ;)

Thank you,

Sami

mercredi 22 février 2012 14:19
  • Hey Sami,

Glad to hear you got it resolved!  May I ask how you were detecting if the MPSyncJob was completed before?  The best way that I have found is to go to Data Warehouse -> Management Packs and then sort by "Deployment Status", looking for any which are not in a "Completed" state.

Cheers,

Adam (PM II, FIM Team)

lundi 27 février 2012 23:53