none
Field that counts attendees?

Question

• I am configuring a custom workflow and was wondering if there is a way to have a field that counts the number of attendees in the "attendees" field for an event?

Basically giving me a "Number of Seats Filled" field. That way I can set rules around it like blocking further requests when an event has reached maximum seating.

mercredi 13 juin 2012 20:23

Réponses

• In the workflow,

Have a calculation action that adds 1 to the attendees field. Store it in a variable.

Then update the item with that variable number.

Before you do the calculation check the condition if you have reached maximum attendees then only perform the calculations.

Ameet Phadnis (Alexander Open Systems) Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Marqué comme réponse SP3084 mardi 19 juin 2012 12:59
    mercredi 13 juin 2012 20:34

Toutes les réponses

• In the workflow,

Have a calculation action that adds 1 to the attendees field. Store it in a variable.

Then update the item with that variable number.

Before you do the calculation check the condition if you have reached maximum attendees then only perform the calculations.

Ameet Phadnis (Alexander Open Systems) Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Marqué comme réponse SP3084 mardi 19 juin 2012 12:59
    mercredi 13 juin 2012 20:34
  • What I understood is, there is attendees column of type Person & Group and another column Number of Seats Filled which is of type number and you want to have total count of the user's from the attendees column.

The calculated column and workflow cannot be used for this scenario. Instead while updating the attendees column, get the total count of users and then update the Number column.

Thanks, Neha Navale

jeudi 14 juin 2012 10:43