none
SharePoint Designer 2007 Create a New Page Using the Default Form

Question

• When I open a new ASPX page, I get a template of lined text. So when I type something, hit return, I get a paragraph for each new paragraph return. I think the default form, form form, was replaced with this letter-type form. For example, when I open a new page I should get a blank space where I can add text, images, and each return would just continue to open the box I'm wiorking in. How do I get the default form form back? Where does it live? What is it's name? I know you can customize forms, but I want to get the default form back. Thanks in advance for your help.

lundi 11 juin 2012 16:30

Toutes les réponses

• Hi ,

I understand that you want create page using the default form .Since you are using SharePoint 2007 ,you shoudl paste your question in SharePoint 2007 forum :http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint .Could you elaberate more on what you are trying to achieve ?Maybe some screenshots.

When creating a new page whether using SharePoint Designer or in brwoser ,you can use different templates .If you want to create a blank page ,you can use the blank page template .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

mardi 12 juin 2012 10:17
    Modérateur
  • Hi Entan,

First of all, thanks for responding! I'll just reply to you here, if that's ok, but if not, let me know.  Designer 2007 Question! Maybe that'll keep people from reading...

OK, more information: I've been taking classes and reading books on SharePoint Designer 2007, and everthing I've learned says I should be able to open a new blank page when I select File > New > ASPX. Instead I get a bunch of lines - see graphic. Every carriage return creates a new line. I even had a trainer come to my desk to help me and he didn't know why I see these lines. So I'm curious. I'd like to fix it so Designer works as planned or at least understand why I can' t do what I want to do.

As for using a template, doesn't that lock me into working with web parts? I wanted to create my own layout and get away from web parts restrictions.

This is an image from SP 2010, but I think a new page should look like this:

Thanks!

jeudi 14 juin 2012 00:30
  • Hi Entan,

First of all, thanks for responding! I'll just reply to you here, if that's ok, but if not, let me know.  Designer 2007 Question! Maybe that'll keep people from reading...

OK, more information: I've been taking classes and reading books on SharePoint Designer 2007, and everthing I've learned says I should be able to open a new blank page when I select File > New > ASPX. Instead I get a bunch of lines - see graphic. Every carriage return creates a new line. I even had a trainer come to my desk to help me and he didn't know why I see these lines. So I'm curious. I'd like to fix it so Designer works as planned or at least understand why I can' t do what I want to do.

As for using a template, doesn't that lock me into working with web parts? I wanted to create my own layout and get away from web parts restrictions.

This is an image from SP 2010, but I think a new page should look like this:

Thanks!

jeudi 14 juin 2012 00:30