none
Server 2008 R2 Terminal Services Configuration/Folder Redirection

Question

• Hi,

I am looking to make changes to a terminal server and looking for the best ways to deploy folder redirection.

Currently I have the following issue:

A group policy has been configured to prevent access to the C Drive as we don't want users to save data to the terminal server.

This then block access to the default folders such as documents, favorites etc.

If a user then tries to create a new folder in Favorites in IE or move an existing website to a new folder access is denied because of the GPO set.

The users are set with a TS profile where the data is copied when they log off.

Can anyone advise jow I would get around the issue to ensure the following:

1. Access to the C drive is still restricted

2. Users can create folders in IE and move websites to them

dimanche 30 juin 2013 10:01

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

If you are using the Roaming profile+folder redirection,users can create folders in IE and move websites to them.

How to configure Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection:http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/08/best-practice-roaming-profiles-and-folder-redirection-a-k-a-user-virtualization/

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

lundi 1 juillet 2013 06:53
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

Folder Redirection is turned on but not applying for some reason.

When logged i and then attempting to access a folder such as Favorites, Downloads etc the following message is displayed:

The Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the System Administrator

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Regards

Dean

dimanche 7 juillet 2013 10:02