none
picking one file every time limit in receive location

Question

• hi,

i want to pick up the xml file from receive location. that should be process like one file picked up, after 60 seconds the another file should picks up. 

is it possible to do in BizTalk server 2006 R2. using any of the adapter.

regards,

Thiagu Leo- 9994552685

regards, thiyagu.

lundi 18 juin 2012 09:40

Réponses

• Generally BizTalk picks up messages as soon as they appear and will delete the original.  When a new file gets created it will consume that.

If the file is locked for writing it won't consume the file but wait until the lock is released to avoid it reading data before the file has been completed.

If you absolutely must have a gap of 60 seconds between each pick-up then I'd write a C# helper service that does this logic for you and pops the result into a different directory for BizTalk.  Alternatively you could write a custom adapter but that is probably a little overkill.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)

lundi 18 juin 2012 10:26

Toutes les réponses

• Have you tried to set the Polling interval (ms) on the Advanced settings dialog box available when configuring a File receive location?

It can help in polling after 60 second but it will receive all the files in that folder when polling so there is no mechanism to pick only one file alternatively you can try to modify File Adapter code if you can't make the dropping of file at source after 60 seconds.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

lundi 18 juin 2012 09:48
    Modérateur
  • I dont think it is possible at receive location level either go for singleton orchestration or write a scheduled component which drops files to location.

KiranMP

lundi 18 juin 2012 10:05
  • hi Rohit,

ya i tried that option too, but  no use. i don think that polling option working for file adapter in biztalk server, what ever the value specified in polling interval is not considering. it's picking up  all the files immediately from the receive location . is there any alternate configuration by using adapter MSMQ or MQseries?

regards, thiyagu.

lundi 18 juin 2012 10:24
  • Generally BizTalk picks up messages as soon as they appear and will delete the original.  When a new file gets created it will consume that.

If the file is locked for writing it won't consume the file but wait until the lock is released to avoid it reading data before the file has been completed.

If you absolutely must have a gap of 60 seconds between each pick-up then I'd write a C# helper service that does this logic for you and pops the result into a different directory for BizTalk.  Alternatively you could write a custom adapter but that is probably a little overkill.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)

lundi 18 juin 2012 10:26
  • is there any alternate configuration by using adapter MSMQ or MQseries? --> IMHO it is not possible using MQSeries also, I tried but I could not achieve it. It seems you are implementing Ordering. 

I would suggest you to follow the approach suggested by Alastair. A windows service will do the job easily, You can create active/passive combination of windows service on two boxes to make it highly available. 

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com
    My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

lundi 18 juin 2012 12:48
    Modérateur
  • Hi   Alstair,

please tell me how to achieve this by using c# helper services.

regards, thiyagu.

lundi 18 juin 2012 13:13
  • The following link should get you started in writing a standalone Windows servce in C#: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/3990/Simple-Windows-Service-Sample

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

lundi 18 juin 2012 13:59