none
galsync best practice or standard implementation

Discussion générale

• We use MIIS for galsync and password sync.

I found we currently collect legacyEchangeDN value of contacts of all ExchangeOrgs to metaverse person object legacyEchangeDN(multi-value) .

Collected legacyExchangeDN values are all exported as X500 address of proxyaddresses of contacts and distributed to all  ExchangeOrgs.

It looks for me very strange because X500 addresses of other ExchangeOrgs are all exported to contact objects and I think they does not need other ExchangeOrg's X500 address as proxyaddresses.

Is it standard way of galsync ?

dimanche 24 mars 2013 03:29

Toutes les réponses

• The LegacyExchangeDN from the GalSync provisioned contacts needs to be added to the proxyaddresses of the source object so that mail routing between forest occurs correctly. this is the standard configuration

In the article "Prepare Mailboxes for Cross-Forest Moves Using the Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 script in the Shell" we see the following:

When the Update-Recipient cmdlet is called to convert the target object into a mail-enabled user, a new LegacyExchangeDN attribute is generated for the target mail-enabled user. The script copies the LegacyExchangeDN attribute of the target mail-enabled user as an x500 address to the proxyAddress properties of the source mailbox user. This action ensures the correct resolution of recipients when messages are sent between the source and target forests.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

jeudi 4 avril 2013 20:44
  • Thank you.

I understand writing collected legacyExchangeDN of contacts object to source object proxyadresses is default.

And we also are adding all collected legacyExchangeDN values to contacts object proxyaddresses in each ExchOrgs.

I thought also that  we do not need to add X500addresses to all contact objects.

How do you think about that ?

vendredi 5 avril 2013 11:47