none
UAG - How many Probe Connections

Question

• How many probe list should I add for Direct Access?  I currently have four probe list connections.  Whould it make more since to have only 1 or 2 probe list?

samedi 13 juillet 2013 22:19

Réponses

• I only setup one during my installs. The more probes you have, the higher your chances of the Connectivity Assistant reporting a problem. If even one of those is unavailable, then it will flag the red "x" and the user might think that something is wrong. (even though DA is probably working fine)

Those probes don't have anything to do with whether or not DA is actually working, they are just simple queries that the DCA uses to try and figure out when it's connected.

• Marqué comme réponse dirkbucket jeudi 18 juillet 2013 13:19
    lundi 15 juillet 2013 15:24

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

I would recommand to limit probles to only highly available ressources that any user can reach without authorization restriction. If you set multiple probles, all of them must be reachable from the client from the DAc point of view.

BenoitS - Simple by Design http://danstoncloud.com/blogs/simplebydesign/default.aspx

lundi 15 juillet 2013 10:43
  • I only setup one during my installs. The more probes you have, the higher your chances of the Connectivity Assistant reporting a problem. If even one of those is unavailable, then it will flag the red "x" and the user might think that something is wrong. (even though DA is probably working fine)

Those probes don't have anything to do with whether or not DA is actually working, they are just simple queries that the DCA uses to try and figure out when it's connected.

• Marqué comme réponse dirkbucket jeudi 18 juillet 2013 13:19
    lundi 15 juillet 2013 15:24