none
Can I deploy the AppV Sequencer on the Win 7 Client?

Question

• Hi all,

I have an error message when I want to install the AppV 4.6 Sequencer on the Win 7 client (32 bit) but it works fine one WS 2008 R2 (64 bits).

The problem is I need to create the package for Win 7 32 bit client and even though I specified the OS in the package settings, the package cannot be run on the client (it is installed, but the app cannot start).

Can you confirm me the right way to do it?

Thanks,

Bertrand

MBS Dynamics Ax SE SDET
    vendredi 8 octobre 2010 09:57

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• This is the Sequencing Recipe forum. This question would be better placed in the General Sequencing forum.

Are you installing the 32-bit Sequencer on the Windows 7 32-bit or are you attempting to install the 64-bit Sequencer?

vendredi 8 octobre 2010 12:10
  • Hi Aaron,

I am installing the -bit Sequencer. One more question I have is regarding the .NET Framework required for AppV 4.6: is it NET 3.5?

Regards,

Bertrand

MBS Dynamics Ax SE SDET
    vendredi 8 octobre 2010 12:42
  • Your reply didn't include which architecture of the Sequencer you are installing. You will need to install the 32-bit Sequencer on 32-bit Windows and the 64-bit Sequencer on 64-bit Windows.

The .NET Framework is not required for the App-V client or Sequencer.

vendredi 8 octobre 2010 12:49
  • well, sorry about that.

I am installing the 32-bit version (x86 v4.6.0.1523) on the 32-bit Windows 7 of course.

The InstallShield Wizard stops with the following message: the wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Application Vitualization Sequencer could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Do you know if there are any log available?

Regards,

Bertrand

MBS Dynamics Ax SE SDET
    vendredi 8 octobre 2010 13:05
  • Issue is Resolved. I was able to install the AppV Sequencer on another clean machine.

Thank you,

Bertrand

MBS Dynamics Ax SE SDET
    jeudi 14 octobre 2010 13:10