none
how to consume/access web services in forefront identity manager 2010 r2

Question

• Hi,

I have one web service  in c# for authentication  so i want to integrate this web service in my FIM 2010 R2.I want to ask one more question how to consume/access web service of FIM 2010 R2,so please tell me how is it possible in FIM 2010 R2 and anybody have any example for consuming/accessing web service step by step in FIM 2010 R2.

Regards

Anil Kumar

jeudi 9 mai 2013 10:06

Toutes les réponses

• It appears you are looking for the FIM 2010 Resource Management Client, open source project...

http://fim2010client.codeplex.com/

jeudi 9 mai 2013 15:59
  • What do you want with the webservices?

To acces the fim services?

To use as an authentication mechanisme for the portal?

To acces webservices for object/account information?

lundi 13 mai 2013 12:17
  • Hi,

Thank's for response.

I want to know how to access FIM 2010 web services in my asp.net application using c#.

and also want to know which web service used in  authentication mechanisme for the FIM portal,object/account information.

how to get users and groups information(read/delete/modify) through FIM 2010 Web services and i want use FIM 2010 web services method in my asp.net application using c#.

Regards

Anil Kumar

vendredi 17 mai 2013 08:03
  • Here is some C# code that accesses FIM resource attributes from the web services via the FIM 2010 Resource Management Client which I mentioned in an earlier post:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Client; using Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ObjectModel; namespace MyTest { public partial class ResourceAttribute { public ResourceAttribute() { } public string GetTypeAndDisplayName(string objectID) { String ReturnValue = String.Empty; using (Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Client.DefaultClient client = new DefaultClient()) { client.ClientCredential = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials; client.RefreshSchema(); string query = String.Format("/*[ObjectId={0}]", objectID); foreach (RmResource res in client.Enumerate(query)) { String displayName = res.DisplayName; String objectType = res.ObjectType; ReturnValue = displayName + " (" + objectType + ")"; break; } } return ReturnValue; } } }

You would just need to define your bindings and endpoints in your web.config. This method will return the DisplayName and ObjectType for the resource with the ObjectId matching the objectID argument. If you need more information, please provide more specifics for what you are trying to accomplish.

There are many code examples for this library on its CodePlex home:

http://fim2010client.codeplex.com/

vendredi 17 mai 2013 12:41
  • You CANNOT use FIM web services directly, by adding them to a Visual Studio as a Service Reference or a Web Reference.

This is not allowed.

The above as suggested by mgercevich is used to communicate to FIM service through the web service directly. you can do pretty much everything you would through the FIM portal.

Regards Furqan Asghar

vendredi 17 mai 2013 20:48