jeudi 8 mars 2012 14:44
I have a situation that I cannot find a fix for. I really hope someone has seen this before or has an idea. A reboot from another suggestion did not work.
We have finished our upgrade to Exchange 2010 from 2007. We were using unified messaging with 2007 also. The problem is we have about six users that were upgraded to the new server and enabled for UM on 2010 but at some point, someone switched their UM Mailbox policy to one from 2007. Once the user reported an issue with no longer being able to receive voicemails, I discovered this change and switched it back but this did not fix the issue.
I figued I would just start over and disable UM for this user but when I try it tells me the user is not enabled for UM. But clearly they are. When I go through the powershell commands to enable the user, it tells me they are enabled. So with two different commands, I am getting two different results. I have even tried using powershell on the 2007 exchange server that has not yet been taken down and of course I get the message that the mailbox is a newer version and I must use a shell accordingly.
I've tried every command I can think of to disable these users and all I get is that they are already disabled, which they are not.
What is interesting is if I click on Reset Unified Messaging PIN in 2010 EMC or use command in 2010 PS I receive this message:
The user 'username' isn't UM-enabled or is UM-enabled and has a mailbox whose version isn't supported by this Unified Messaging server. It was running the command 'Get-UMMailboxPIN - identity 'user'.
The users mailbox is on the 2010 mailbox server. Everything was working until someone changed her UM mailbox policy to one that was used with 2007 (which is now gone so no one else makes this mistake).
Again, I really hope someone has seen this and has a fix.
Toutes les réponses
jeudi 8 mars 2012 18:08so you arent able to update the dialplan for the user via powershell to point at the 2010 dialplan? What about using adsi or attribute editor to modify the msExchUMRecipientDialPlanLink attribute on the user account?
vendredi 9 mars 2012 00:32
From Exch 2010 if you run Get-UMMailBox identity | fl , you get any information about the user .
vendredi 9 mars 2012 14:25This command works and shows me the UM information. After I received the first 'user not um enabled' message while trying to disable um, I ran this one. But I cannot disable UM to start over to hopefully fix this users voicemail.
vendredi 9 mars 2012 15:13
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!
Omgoodness. It only took me a week to figure this one out. I was at my wits end today and was going to call MS when I decided to take a look in ADSI at the attributes. I noticed one field that seemed to be missing on the 'broken' ones that the 'working' ones had. The mxExchUMRecipientDialPlanLink. This must have for some reason been removed when the other admin changed the dial plan to one of the old 2007 ones. But once I copy/paste this information from a working um user and waited for replication, they started working!
lundi 12 mars 2012 17:25hehe so does that mean my suggestion worked :), if so please mark it as such to throw some points at me :)
lundi 12 mars 2012 17:39By george I did not even see that answer before, but oh yes. You hit the nail on the head. You have been marked.
lundi 12 mars 2012 17:50Thanks!