none
DPM 2007 error while backing up Exchange Server

Question

• Hi,

I have a DPM 2007 Server protecting an Exchange 2007 Server. When i try to create a Recovery Point, DPM gives the following error for some storage groups:

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3) (0x800423F3))

Re-running the job would not help.

Please help me get rid of this issue.

PS - I checked the circular logging has been disabled for Exchange Storage group.

Thanks in anticipation.

jeudi 5 janvier 2012 15:39

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• What is the state of the Exchange Writer on your Exchange server?

Run VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS on your Exchange server and see if the Exchange Writer is in stable condition

Example:

Writer name: 'Microsoft Exchange Writer'
       Writer Id: {76fe1ac4-15f7-4bcd-987e-8e1acb462fb7}
       Writer Instance Id: {ea2afe6f-d585-47d1-b350-96d3a64b65ad}
       State: [1] Stable

If it isn't in stable condition you will need to restart the Exchange Information Store service (which will make mailbox unaccessible while this operation is going on)

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    jeudi 5 janvier 2012 18:29
  • Hi Wilson,

The Microsoft Exchange Writer is in a stable condition, but it gives the same error while trying to create a RP. Please Help.

Thanks

vendredi 6 janvier 2012 07:22
  • Are you protecting more than one Mailbox Database on that server?
    Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    vendredi 6 janvier 2012 07:23
  • Hi Wilson,

Exchange is configured in a Cluster Environment (CCR), it has more than 10 Storage Groups and Databases, all of them are in a healthy condition.

Thanks.

vendredi 6 janvier 2012 09:08
  • This ever worked?

Which Exchange Rollup update you have installed?

vendredi 6 janvier 2012 09:19
  • Hi Wilson,

Is it an MS update or an additional patch that i have to install like a service pack. And how do i check for the same?

Thanks

vendredi 6 janvier 2012 11:19
  • Hi Wilson,

This worked fine about two weeks ago, we have the recovery points intact.

Thanks

vendredi 6 janvier 2012 11:29
  • Pavit,

Is this still occurring?  The error you are seeing is a VSS error.  Can you look at the system event log on that Exchange server to see if you see any volsnap or VSS events.  What version of Exchange 2007 are you on?  Have you tried a BETEST to see if you are able to backup the DB outside DPM.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2008/08/25/3406172.aspx

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

vendredi 20 avril 2012 19:31
    Modérateur
  • Hi Andy,

I had to rebuild the whole protection group which seems to be working fortunately.

Thanks

mercredi 25 avril 2012 07:56