none
an unhandled exception occurred in the silverlight application sharepoint 2010

Question

• An unhandled exception occurred on the page when Try to create the Announcement List in SP 2010 site which is upgraded from SP 2007,

Any body have faced this issue?
    mardi 23 février 2010 16:01

Réponses

• OK Guys... Resolved this...

I guess it's a product bug. Just Enable the Security Validation from Manage Web Applications --> General Settings (from ribbon).

Silverlight Application is unable to connect to the WCF endpoint configured by the product for enabling Client Object Model, if Security validation is set to Off.

Enjoy...

Anupam Shrivastava
    mardi 8 juin 2010 09:05

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

I also have this problem. This occurs on four different Sharepoint 2010 servers, so I believe the problem is on my client.  It only fails in IE8, FireFox works OK. I did uninstall Silverlight an installed it again, but still the same error...

The Silverlight box is loading and counts to 99%, then "an unhandled exception occured in the silverlight application"

Regards
    Roar Kristiansen
    Skill AS

mercredi 24 février 2010 17:46
  • OK Guys... Resolved this...

I guess it's a product bug. Just Enable the Security Validation from Manage Web Applications --> General Settings (from ribbon).

Silverlight Application is unable to connect to the WCF endpoint configured by the product for enabling Client Object Model, if Security validation is set to Off.

Enjoy...

Anupam Shrivastava
    mardi 8 juin 2010 09:05
  • This solution worked for me also.  Thanks!

jeudi 22 juillet 2010 20:26
  • Worked for me too! Thanks.
    jeudi 16 septembre 2010 18:01
  • You can mark this thread as answered, if it resolved your issue. :)
    Anupam Shrivastava
    vendredi 17 septembre 2010 06:15
  • You can mark this thread as answered, if it resolved your issue. :)
    Anupam Shrivastava
    This works for me
    Thanks, Sam
    mardi 2 novembre 2010 20:48
  • I will vote for closed if you tell me how to navigate to the setting.  I am using SharePoint 2010  and don't see a choice for Enable Security Validation at the menu location in Central Administration.  Maybe a screenshot would help.  Thanks,

Tricia Wilcox Almas

Tricia Wilcox Almas

Found the right config page and this setting does indeed resolve the Silverlight issue.  I vote for answered!

samedi 20 novembre 2010 03:48
  • Tricia, you need to browse to your web application overview page: Application Management --> Manage web applications. Select the web application you'd like to change the settings of. Click General Settings in the ribbon. Half way the Web Application General Settings dialog, you'll find the Web Page Security Validation section. Turn the Security validation On.
    Maarten Eekels
    Lead SharePoint Architect
    Blog: http://www.eekels.net
    Twitter: maarteneekels
    mercredi 1 décembre 2010 08:31
  • Does anyone know how to fix this if you want to keep the Security Validation set to "Off"

vendredi 4 mars 2011 19:01
  • HMAC:  can you simply turn off Security Validation while you create the site?  I tried other methods to handle this before the solution was found, and tried others since then and haven't had any luck.   

On the Ribbon, by the way...you see General Settings two times:  its the blue gears Icon on the left of that ribbon section , and then the Text Item in the Drop Down. The drop down is what you have to select. I'm voting "Resolved" for Anupam, but getting pretty interested in HMAC's questions and ones like it.  Any ideas on what a wider forum topic would be good for dealing with Silverlight?  After I saw Telerik and VIBlend's control suite, and talking with some colleagues, we're thinking of using Silverlight a lot more.  Obviously not, though, if there's funky security problems that make it hard to use it if you clients are going mobile in SharePoint.

Bruce (aka dansker34...)

• Modifié Bruce Byers jeudi 28 avril 2011 17:58 Had to edit reference to the icon. Posting clarifies problem with finding the dropdown and thanks to Anupam.
    jeudi 28 avril 2011 17:52
  • I put the exact steps with screen shots to fix the problem here:

http://imperfectit.blogspot.com/2011/05/error-unhandled-exception-occured-in.html

Hope this helps

Imperfect IT - Because when does anything work the way it's supposed to? http://imperfectit.blogspot.com/
    • Proposé comme réponse Imperfect IT mardi 6 septembre 2011 15:44
    mercredi 4 mai 2011 18:29
  • http://imperfectit.blogspot.com/2011/05/error-unhandled-exception-occured-in.html

Imperfect IT - Because when does anything work the way it's supposed to? http://imperfectit.blogspot.com/
    mercredi 4 mai 2011 18:30
  • It works!!! Thanks-
    lundi 5 septembre 2011 21:52
  • thanks man alot

it works for me too

mardi 20 septembre 2011 12:46
  • Hi Anupam,

I also faced the same problem and after enabling the security validation, it got resolved. Thanks for posting the solution.

But i am not sure if it will break any other thing while solution / web part deployment.

Thanks

Mahesh

Thanks Mahesh Dhinge

• Proposé comme réponse Mahesh Dhinge dimanche 17 juin 2012 07:45
    dimanche 17 juin 2012 07:45
  • Thanks.. this Worked .. :)
    jeudi 28 juin 2012 06:23
  • Thank you!
    mardi 24 juillet 2012 19:37
  • it work for me...thanks

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    ISHIR

vendredi 24 août 2012 15:15
  • I am having this issue, but we already have Security Validation turned ON. We have many site collections, but it only happens on one of them. Not only that, but it only happens on the top level site collection and not any of the subsites that have already been created. This issue just popped up for this one site collection recently and was not an issue before, which is how all the document libraries and subsites were created in the past. Anyone have any other solutions????
    mercredi 19 septembre 2012 21:33
  • It happened to me once. The site collections started showing this error while security validation was already ON. I just toggled it to OFF and then ON which resolved the issue.
    mercredi 19 septembre 2012 21:37
  • Hi Anupam,

This worked for me. thanks a lot

Yudy

jeudi 27 septembre 2012 03:52
  • Thank you so much!  This solved our issue!
    vendredi 19 octobre 2012 19:13