none
first sharepoint standalone installation question

Question

• Hi Experts,

I have just completed a Sharepoint standalone installation for the first time and i have also created some sites. Now i  need help on how i can get other client computers on the network to view the site using IE.  i have setup the Sharepoint installation in a workgroup and not a domain environment, so could anyone please guide me on what i need to configure on the client computers to view the sites etc?

Thanks in advance

mercredi 2 mai 2012 03:06

Réponses

• To start with, Get the machine into the your domain where other client machine reside...If you do nt wanna do that and if all your client machine are in same network, then modify the hostname with a allowed DNS anme which can be accessed across your client machine.

Hope this will help u in kick starting things.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

mercredi 2 mai 2012 03:42
  • In a workgroup environment, you would have to either use direct IP address and create alternate access mapping for the site with the IP, or if hopefully you have access to the dns records or access to the dns/domain of the web application you setup you can create a dns and alternate access mapping for that dns entry and use an internal IP address. So you can query your domain's dns server for an internal IP address if you dont' have an internal dns server. 

Then you will have to decide if you want to setup each user as a local user on the SharePoint server or use Forms Based Authentication method as described in this blog post. 

http://blog.summitcloud.com/2009/11/forms-based-authentication-sharepoint-2010-fb/

Hopefully this helps. 

mercredi 2 mai 2012 04:59

Toutes les réponses

• To start with, Get the machine into the your domain where other client machine reside...If you do nt wanna do that and if all your client machine are in same network, then modify the hostname with a allowed DNS anme which can be accessed across your client machine.

Hope this will help u in kick starting things.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

mercredi 2 mai 2012 03:42
  • In a workgroup environment, you would have to either use direct IP address and create alternate access mapping for the site with the IP, or if hopefully you have access to the dns records or access to the dns/domain of the web application you setup you can create a dns and alternate access mapping for that dns entry and use an internal IP address. So you can query your domain's dns server for an internal IP address if you dont' have an internal dns server. 

Then you will have to decide if you want to setup each user as a local user on the SharePoint server or use Forms Based Authentication method as described in this blog post. 

http://blog.summitcloud.com/2009/11/forms-based-authentication-sharepoint-2010-fb/

Hopefully this helps. 

mercredi 2 mai 2012 04:59
  • Thanks.................is there anywhere i can get a step-by-step guide on what to do?
    mercredi 2 mai 2012 16:32
  • Any help with this please? I have created web applications with site collections, but i am unable to view them from a client PC. How do i use direct IP address and create alternate access mapping for the site with the IP?
    vendredi 4 mai 2012 23:47