vendredi 22 juin 2012 13:53
When external to the system, .pdf files in library won't open in client application. Adobe Reader error: There was an error opening this document. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Internally, .pdf files open without issue.
This problem just started within the last 2 days.
Yes, Browser File Handling has been set to 'permissive'.
Toutes les réponses
mardi 26 juin 2012 09:00Modérateur
mardi 26 juin 2012 11:18
Thank you Xue-Mei Chang
FYI: I installed an earlier version of Adobe Reader on a test machine and it did not help.
A fix was added to the server in the <system.web.extensions> of the config file a few weeks back. The line <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="false" enableCaching="true" /> was added which fixed a problem with redirection on external machines. This issue seems to be a similiar in the external way.
One may right-click on the .pdf link and choose 'open', then the .pdf opens just fine in the client application. The 'open in new tab' or 'Open in new window' options will also work.
I just need the link to work!
- Modifié JohnnySurfs mardi 3 juillet 2012 14:24
mardi 3 juillet 2012 17:26
I turned 'Client Integration' off and everything works.
- Modifié JohnnySurfs vendredi 6 juillet 2012 15:21
vendredi 21 septembre 2012 08:55This problem has been driving me crackers. The information that we can right click and open in a new tab is making life so much easier. Thanks
vendredi 21 septembre 2012 09:56