mercredi 30 mai 2012 12:52
SharePoint 2010 SP1 + Feb 2012 CUs
After setting up User Profile Synchronization (i.e., creating a connection to AD and performing a sync) the user profile manage properties pages have become extremely slow. This initial page load when viewing/edit ing a managed property can take up to 2 minutes. In addtion, re-ordering a single property takes minutes to complete. Same is true for managing a user profile from within CA.
Has anyone else seen this issue and what were the steps for resolution ?
Toutes les réponses
mercredi 30 mai 2012 13:54This has been a constant in all of my environments aswell, I've gotten used to it by now but if someone has an idea how to get rid if it I'd appreciate it aswell.
vendredi 15 juin 2012 20:22
Wanted to provide an update. We opened a support case with Microsoft. The case went through multiple layers of support ending with Microsoft Escalation Engineers. The consensus was that this behavior is as designed.
"Based on a review of the configuration of the connection between SharePoint and AD , the data analysis completed to date and a separate review of the case by Microsoft Escalation engineers everything from a SharePoint to FIM to AD connection look to be in order and functioning as designed . Furthermore when an internal repro of a similar operation (Single SharePoint server and Single domain) was conducted at Microsoft a similar delay was experienced for rendering user profile pages.
Also in discussing this issue and looking at the various APIs and code involved in user profile web pages the consensus is that the particular APIs and code path being taken during the rendering of these pages is that of an administrative function to modify \ add \ Etc. specific for the connections themselves . These APIs and code paths are not the same used by end users when interacting with things like My sites as they will leverage the content databases within SQL and not making connections directly back to AD . Thus this issue will not impact End user interactions with My sites. "
From Microsoft's assessment, it looks like it is behaving as designed with impact limited to administrative functions.
vendredi 15 juin 2012 21:39
Did you checked the server performance at that time. take the perfmon and see if there is any high CPU utilization.
Check the profile connection settings as well.
Please let me know if you have any event IDs or coorelation ID
lundi 18 juin 2012 00:23
In depth analysis has been done with the help of Microsoft Premier Support resources including 3rd level engineers. The behavior is expected based on the API's in use for the administrative functions of the User Profile Service. Microsoft collected a large amount of data including, network traces, perfmon output, ULS logs and Event Logs. The conclusion was that the behavior is as designed.