none
Adding js to masterpage question

שאלה

• Hi

I am trying to add some custom javascript to my masterpage (v4.master), to show a banner. The javascript is:

The javascript is (you can see the popup at the top):

http://cookiesdirective.com

Can I just add all of the below to the bottom of the page, just before the closing of the body tag?

<script type="text/javascript">
       function cookiesDirectiveScriptWrapper(){
           // Cookie creating scripts etc here.... 

}
    </script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://js.cookiesdirective.com/1.5.js" />

<script type="text/javascript">
        // The position of the disclosure ('top' or 'bottom')
        // Number of times to display disclosure. Enter 0 to show it forever!!!!
        // The URI of your privacy policy
        cookiesDirective('top',5,'privacy.html');
    </script>

Thanks

יום חמישי 21 יוני 2012 16:35

תשובות

כל התגובות

• Yeah. It should work

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

יום חמישי 21 יוני 2012 16:37
  • I would recommend wrapping your script up in a .js file, uploading that file somewhere in your SharePoint site, and then referencing it in your masterpage.  This way, you can edit the javascript independently of your masterpage.

Of course, always backup your masterpage before modifying it.

יום חמישי 21 יוני 2012 20:20
  • Yeah I normally do that, Matthew.

I tried this by adding the code as is to the bottom of the masterpage, but I get a Correlation ID error (which cannot be found).

יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 15:58
  • Enable page level error tracing and make custom error off, by editing web config. That will display you exact error detail. I feel, it must be some missing tag or small issue.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 17:56
  • Have you tried adding your script within the <head> tags? There should be a placeholder called PlaceHolderAdditonalPageHead in your master page.

Manaz Mohideen - MCPD, MCITP, MCTS

יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 19:27