none
Processing EDI Claim Payment File

שאלה

• Hi,

I am attempting to process a 4010 835 EDI file that contains multiple TRN segments by

1) having the receive location pick it up

2) the receive port contains an inbound map between the single X12_00401_835 schema and custom schema (structure below) to extract information from the EDI file 

<Transactions>
    <Transaction>
    <TransactionRefId /> (Mapped to the TRN segment)
    <Date /> (Mapped to the TRN segment)
    <Payee /> (Mapped to the TRN segment)
    <Claims>
    <Claim>
    <PatientId />
    <PatientName />
    <AccountNumber />
    </Claim>
    </Claims>
    </Transaction>
    </Transactions>

3) The EdiReceive pipeline then splits the EDI file on the TRN segment, so if there are 4 TRN segments in the file, then the EDI file is split into 4 files.

4) My send port then picks up each of the mapped XML blocks and calls a stored procedure over the WCF-SQL adapter 4 or however many files the EDI file has been split into.

My question is how can I process the EDI file so that I am just calling the stored procedure once?  I know that the mapping needs to be in place & run through the EdiReceive pipeline in order to get the data in the format of my custom schema above, so I am wondering if leveraging an orchestration to call the EdiReceive pipeline & split the file, then eseentially put the contents back together before calling the stored procedure?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

יום שלישי 14 פברואר 2012 16:39

כל התגובות

• Hi,

If you wish to insert all the TRN segment at once using the WCF-SQL adapter , then there is no point in debatching them at the receive side and then batching them for sending it to WCF-SQL.

HTH

http://biztalkguide.blogspot.com/ Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks

יום שלישי 14 פברואר 2012 17:09
  • Thanks for replying.  Instead of debatching the file in the receive pipeline, how would i get the file mapped and processed to match the XML format above before sending to the stored procedure?

יום שלישי 14 פברואר 2012 18:10