none
How to show Summary Task in list of sub tasks

שאלה

• Hi guys,

I have a task list that contains lots of summary tasks and then tasks within these. (SharePoint Server 2010)

When you view all of 'my tasks' it will show all sub tasks that I have, is there any way to have a column that shows what summary task these belong to?

I cant seem to find the column at all.

Will I need to create a new column that either gets filled in through workflow or that gets filled in through a function? I did try and have a lookup column point back to the same list and then have this look at the titles. This way a user can lookup the parent task. But this seems somewhat erroneous, especially as it showed all the sub task.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

יום חמישי 22 מרץ 2012 14:39

תשובות

• Hi Chaney2004,

We can get task item URL in URL Path field. And URL Path field is a hidden field so we can copy it to a custom column using SharePoint Designer workflow (update list items action).

The URL Path is similar like this: /Team Site/Lists/task/summary/3_.000 (/site/Lists/task/summary task name/list Name field)

So from the item URL, we can know which summary task belongs to and we can also use a calculate column to cut off the string from the custom column and only get the part of URL you need.

Best regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

יום שלישי 27 מרץ 2012 11:35